Web Center PHP Settings

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jr6000
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Web Center PHP Settings

Post by jr6000 »

Wish to have the oppertunity to change the php.ini settings via the web center - All settings should could be change - On synology and Qnap you can, why not on Asustor ?
Nazar78

Re: Web Center PHP Settings

Post by Nazar78 »

Would you complain if you need to change this file and it happens to be in a docker container? Or create a simple access solution to edit this file?

For common users, making erroneous changes to this file could lead to unexpected behavior. For advanced users, it's easy to setup access to this file even from the ADM Portal.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
jr6000

Post by jr6000 »

On my old server i could change all parameters of php.ini in the web station, pretty easy to do, for some CMS you need more the 128mb in memory and more than 2mb in upload, so was very happy with that solution, så can't understand why Asustor not can have such a solution, they could just make it failsafe, that you could go back to factory default setting with a click on a buttom.... :-)
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Don't see the need to have those. It's only a one time procedure very easy to accomplish not that you have to edit the php.ini every time. Even advanced users like DevOps don't access such file directly they use playbook.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “Feature Requests”