beignet and OpenCL for plex tone mapping

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

TG84
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

beignet and OpenCL for plex tone mapping

Post by TG84 »

Plex has introduced the ability for the intel 630 in the asustor5304t and other powerful NAS's to have the ability to tone map. The problem is it requires beignet and OpenCL. Now some of the other big competitors have already added this to their NAS OS. Just curious if that is a possibility for ADM.

As it stands if you try to play a 4k file that needs to be tone mapped it just fails to do anything.
father.mande

Re: beignet and OpenCL for plex tone mapping

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please post your problem to Asustor and Plex support

... plex server come with its own libraries ... including opencv ...

Code: Select all

-rwxr-xr-x    1 5556     5556        2.5M Feb 23 15:24 libopencv_core.so.3.1*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 5556     5556        2.6M Feb 23 15:24 libopencv_imgproc.so.3.1*
So check your log file to get more information and send it to support.

Adding your own libopencv don't have any interest (due to Plex integration)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
ajizle

Re: beignet and OpenCL for plex tone mapping

Post by ajizle »

I was able to get HDR tone-mapping work with Plex, but I had to install Plex via Docker (through the Asustor Portainer app). The linuxserver docker app for Plex contains the necessary drivers for HDR tone mapping, but you have to pass the right hardware through. In Portainer, under "Runtime and Resources" -> Devices, add "/dev/dri/renderD128" to both host and container. This worked for me and now I have HW transcoding with HDR tone-mapping on 4K video, works smoothly.

I am not that savvy with Docker, but if you use Portainer to run Plex (instead of Asustor's version of Plex), then I can help you set this up. I prefer this anyways since it always means I get the newest versions of Plex and don't have to wait for Asustor to update the app.

Return to “Feature Requests”