LooksGood - mkv handling

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

steve6443
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

LooksGood - mkv handling

Post by steve6443 »

I have an AS5304T and have installed both Plex and Looks Good on it - I'm disappointed by Plex because if I stream away from my home network, even with Plex Pass, the maximum I can stream is 2MBits. I can't connect directly through the server because Plex then can't establish a connection - even though the certificates are correct. Additionally, the library doesn't seem to find half of the videos in my library. I'm happy working with Looks Good but it has one major discrepancy - I cannot use it to watch MKV videos, even locally.

Ok, I should correct myself; I can stream the video but I can't HEAR the AC3 audio - which is surprising, if I stream to my mobile phone using AiVideo, I can stream the films and listen to the audio. But not if I log into the NAS via ADM, go to Looks Good and then stream the video to my (e.g.) MacBook.

I've been lead to believe this is a licensing issue, that Looks Good cannot handle this because you would need to pay for a licence to allow the handling of such audio within Is there anyway of offering a version - even a paid version - which could handle the streaming of MKV files including audio?

Return to “Feature Requests”