rsyncagent --delete option

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

cutedrake
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

rsyncagent --delete option

Post by cutedrake »

The backup solution by using /usr/builtin/binary/sbin/rsyncagent does not have an option corresponding to "--delete" option of rsync on the configuration interface. It needs to be added. Otherwise files which are deleted on the NAS are kept on the target and use place for nothing. Please add this option to rsyncagent!
father.mande

Re: rsyncagent --delete option

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

This question seems to receive a response from the support ... hereafter a copy of a message on a french forum (and translate using google translate)
J'ai contacté le support ASUSTOR et la réponse était toute simple : il suffit d'utiliser l'option "synchronisation de dossier 1 sur 1".
C'est expliqué dans la doc que cette option permet d'avoir une copie exacte des deux répertoires, alors qu'il s'agit d'un rsync avec option delete (la différence étant que la source n'est jamais modifiée).
Translate in English :
I contacted ASUSTOR support and the answer was quite simple: just use the "1 to 1 folder synchronization" option.
It is explained in the doc that this option makes it possible to have an exact copy of the two directories, whereas it is an rsync with option delete (the difference being that the source is never modified).
Philippe.
N.B. for new features or bugs or malfunction ... call support first and post in parallel on the forum :) .
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
cutedrake

Post by cutedrake »

Thanks. In fact I found this last night, just before sleeping :) .
However why did they do this regression from an older version of ADM to a newer one? My request is to supress this regression and get the option "Keep extra files at the destination" again on a newer version of ADM so we can disable it if we wish.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

OK ... but it's not in your first message :D :mrgreen: ... so
and F.Y.I. I don't use rsync (for lot of reason) and only use Syncthing ... that are more and more customization for multiple cases.

BUT the good news is that you have a workaround up regression is solved.

Philippe.
cutedrake

Post by cutedrake »

Thanks for the suggestion. Well, a workaround remains... a workaround, even if this is better than nothing.
About Syncthing, is it possible to use it not in coutinuous sync? My objective is to sync every night my Asustor NAS on an older NAS which wakes up at 4 to be ready to receive data and then is shutdown: this is better for the planet :)
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
cutedrake wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. Well, a workaround remains... a workaround, even if this is better than nothing.
About Syncthing, is it possible to use it not in coutinuous sync? My objective is to sync every night my Asustor NAS on an older NAS which wakes up at 4 to be ready to receive data and then is shutdown: this is better for the planet :)
I never search for this point ... but I think it's not possible inside Syncthing configuration here after the definition of Syncthing (continuous is important)
Syncthing is a continuous file synchronization program
but solution exist ...
Use cron (I use them on one specific system) to start Syncthing at date / time you want ... by build Syncthing at start analyse and synchronize date ... (use wake_up A.D.M. to start NAS when you want before)
... unfortunately Syncthing provide is not complete and don't have syncthing.cli ... a good command line interface to have the status of sync. and to be able to stop Syncthing when synchronization is finished. must be require to the Syncthing APKG provider.
... if you use cron or start Syncthing at boot for the NAS starting at 4 A.M. ... the real synchronization start also at this time ... if the NAS sending data is up.

Philippe.
Syncthing is a Go program ... so if you know how build it ... you can do it yourself :)

Return to “Feature Requests”