LOCKERSTOR Gen2 SFP+ 10G NIC

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

COO-589
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

LOCKERSTOR Gen2 SFP+ 10G NIC

Post by COO-589 »

I have an AS6706T which has the ability to fit their ASUSTOR AS-T10G2 for 10G-BaseT connectivity.

However; I really want to utilise the 10G SFP+ port on my router (via DAC) to free up my router's 10G/multi-gig port for 2.5G connectivity to my home office.

I've requested an ASUSTOR "AS-S10G2" 10G SFP+ card to be released for the LOCKERSTOR Gen2 models to support this, but I doubt it will happen...

There is an existing ASUS 10G SFP+ NIC (the XG-C100F) which is a PCIe 3.0 x4 card so could be made to fit, but am sure it would not be compatible out of the box as it would likely require driver support in ADM from ASUSTOR. Either the above new ASUSTOR product request or compatibility support for this ASUS one would be the more likely outcomes but still doubt ASUSTOR will get on board with it...

Alternatively; I've actually just purchased and received a StarTech PEX10GSFP SFP+ 10G PCIe 3.0 x4 NIC and a StarTech SFP10GPC1M DAC - which are both MSA-compliant/uncoded, which I'm going to try (with nil expectation) and also request driver compatibility for these products if ASUSTOR do not want to develop their own solution (although this option has surely got to be less likely supported than an ASUSTOR or ASUS solution).

I'm not sure if anyone else is desiring a 10G SFP+ option for their LOCKERSTOR Gen2, but I would appreciate if you made some noise with ASUSTOR to develop a solution or provide compatibility as well.
COO-589

Re: LOCKERSTOR Gen2 SFP+ 10G NIC

Post by COO-589 »

I've since tried the ASUS XG-C100F PCIe x4 SFP+ NIC (one of the heatsink fins had to be cut off to fit) and that StarTech one, but neither are recognised by my AS6706T as LAN 3.

I have the ASUSTOR AS-T10G2 but when using it, I lose EZ-Connect and EZ-Router functionality for whatever reason. (I raised a Support Ticket for this which was a dead end)... I have no interest in the AS-T10G2 and an SFP+ NIC would be perfect for me...

I'm pretty desperate for ASUSTOR to either hurry up and release their own "AS-S10G2" PCIe SFP+ NIC for DAC, or provide support for the ASUS one or another (such as EDIMAX / ioi / Planet / StarTech, etc.)

Return to “Feature Requests”