Search duplicates on NAS

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

chel
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Search duplicates on NAS

Post by chel »

Could someone advise is there any tool which could be used to find duplicates files on NAS? It could significantly help to safe space for photos and videos on the NAS. Ideally I would like to have such toll in the AppCentral or built in the ADM.
father.mande

Re: Search duplicates on NAS

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
chel wrote:Could someone advise is there any tool which could be used to find duplicates files on NAS? It could significantly help to safe space for photos and videos on the NAS. Ideally I would like to have such toll in the AppCentral or built in the ADM.
I don't think that this kind of solution exist in native A.D.M.
BUT alternatively, you can use (all are to be executed in a terminal (ssh) using root/your_admin_password ) :
1 ... shell script based on find and md5sum , example exist in the Web ... this require only some Linux skills and for some completes tools to install them using Entware APKG
2 ... you can install Entware APKG and use jdupes a command tools considered as a faster competitor to fdueps (the more current Linux tools)
3 ... fdupes can be easily copied from a Linux box (or just ask here)

I don't know (and never used) tools running in a web interface ... only some able to use Xorg. BUT for the usage (not frequent) use command line is not a real problem.

help on each tool is available on the Web ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
AndyM

Re: Search duplicates on NAS

Post by AndyM »

I sure there are better ways, but I did have to find a duplicate on my backup nas. I used an old program called Nexus File that allows you to compare directories in Windows - worked great. I am not sure if the program is around these days - I kept it from an old computer. I gather there are current alternatives that do the same thing.

Return to “Feature Requests”