It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:07 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

ADM does not work correctly with mobile browsers

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!

ADM does not work correctly with mobile browsers

Postby MadPup » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:15 am

I have an AS5304T and have problems using the ADM web portal from my Android tablet and phone. Initial login and desktop display is fine, but once I open any dialog the dialog overflows to the right and I cannot scroll to the right. One significant problem with this is I can't close a dialog having opened it. I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge and they all behave the same. I have tried various settings in each browser to try to enable scrolling or zoom but without success. I can't believe that this hasn't been reported/fixed so am I missing something obvious? At the moment the only way I can work with my NAS is using my desktop PC. Please advise.

BTW looks like we don't have a forum dedicated to ADM on AS53xxT.

I'm also concerned by the lack of activity on these forums. Is there a more active Asustor community anywhere else?
MadPup

Re: ADM does not work correctly with mobile browsers

Postby orion » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:09 am

I believe you should use AiMaster (or other apps: AiData, AiPhoto...). The ADM screen design should based on PC browser.
orion

Re: ADM does not work correctly with mobile browsers

Postby MadPup » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:47 pm

Unless I'm missing something, AiMaster + the other apps do not have the full functionality of the ADM web portal. I also believe that while a website might not be optimized for the mobile experience it should not be broken for it. At very least I should be able to scroll the web pages horizontally when the content overflows to the right, as it does when displaying dialogs. I'd call that a bug rather than a feature request. It's not a deal breaker but it seems like it should be an easy fix.
MadPup

Return to Feature Requests