Invalid Name/PW for ACC _but_ Can Get In Through Browser

VonSupponnatime
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Invalid Name/PW for ACC _but_ Can Get In Through Browser

Post by VonSupponnatime »

There's probably a step or two that I missed or something obvious, please forgive my ignorance as I've not been having a good few weeks.

After applying the ADM update to remove the Deadbolt ransomware, I followed the recommended steps to tighten things up on my end. One of them was changing my password, which I did.

I am able to bring up Asustor Control Center and see my NAS on there, and if I double-click it, a browser window will open up where I can enter my name and password just fine, and after authentication I can do things.

But, from the ACC itself, if I click Action and select, for example, Restart or Shut Down, I am prompted for my name and password. I enter it just like I do in the browser, but I am getting "Authentication failed. The username or password that you have entered is incorrect."

I tried the following:

1) New password
2) Old password (in case it did not get saved for whatever reason)
3) Using the admin login (which I have disabled and should not be able to get in that way, but I tried it)

Sure I can walk over to the NAS and power it down with a button but I'm not always in a position to be near to do it.

Am I overlooking something? Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”