cannot install lets encrypt

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

edwardb
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

cannot install lets encrypt

Post by edwardb »

have a nice new 5304T with ADM 3.5.7
Been trying to add the magnets.dl plugin to qbitorrent but running into a few issues
i understand i need to login with https but i'm stuck on that as i need a certificate
Cannot get EZ-router to work it wont work with my router TP_LINK Vr2800
followed the instructions for port forwarding etc but no luck
I am on ISP on Aussie using dynamic ip and getting messages such as the wan ip address on the NAS is different to the Router WAn IP Address.

its all looking really difficult for newbie to be frank

the good news is i have been able to install the NORD OPENVPN client and its running so maybe i don't need HTTPS, Lets encrypt certificates etc .

i would like the magnet.dl plugin though, is there a way to install that so Qbitorrent can use it
Nazar78

Re: cannot install lets encrypt

Post by Nazar78 »

i understand i need to login with https but i'm stuck on that as i need a certificate
The plugin you're trying to use probably has no HTTPS support or the HTTPS is broken (noticed this for old apps which only supports HTTP or older SSL versions). You'll need to check with the developer as it's nothing related to Let's Encrypt.
I am on ISP on Aussie using dynamic ip and getting messages such as the wan ip address on the NAS is different to the Router WAn IP Address.
I'm guessing your network is probably doing double NAT? Means you have two routers, 1st router is ISP issued and 2nd is your TP LINK VR2800 which is where your NAS is connected. This also means you can't use EZ-router (UPnP). If you can't remove the ISP's issued router from the chain, then you'll have to port forward twice (from 1st router to 2nd then to NAS).

If my assumptions above are wrong then provide more details with screenshots etc.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
edwardb

Post by edwardb »

Hey Nazar
thanks again
ok i have a single TP-LINK ARCHER VR2800 combined router/modem connected to Aussie BBand via a dynamic IP

what's my IP / ookla speedtest/ asustor manual connection all report the same WAN IP
However my VR2800 has a totally different WAN ip and gateway.
whilst i am on a dynamix ip it rarely changes but i can go to a fixed IP if thats needed

reviewed all the VR2800 settings and no VPNS or NAT forwarding set

Maybe i need to discuss with the ISP to see whats going on ?
Cheers
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Your ISP is probably issuing pool of private IPs to its regular customers that's why you're seeing different gateway IP on your router vs the ones displayed on the internet.

So yes you'll need to discuss/check with them. Some ISP I know offers static IP add-ons.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
edwardb

Post by edwardb »

Thanks Nazar
That has helped clear it up for me and yes i am now told that on a Dynamic Plan i share a common IP Address in a pool

I will talk to my ISP and confirm outcome

Regards Ed
docmarc

Post by docmarc »

For let's encrypt disable [Automatically change HTTP connections to HTTPS connections.] checkbox in [Settings] [General] [Management].

this option prevents the update of let's encrypt

pilina

Post by pilina »

Hello.

I have problem renewing my certificate.
I may had some bad config about port forwarding since the first issue of certificate, but now everything is ok but I am getting "rate limit" error, if I try to update certificate via button.

Do you know when the limit will be ok?

Thanks
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

pilina wrote:Hello.

I have problem renewing my certificate.
I may had some bad config about port forwarding since the first issue of certificate, but now everything is ok but I am getting "rate limit" error, if I try to update certificate via button.

Do you know when the limit will be ok?

Thanks
https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

steve6443

Post by steve6443 »

docmarc wrote:For let's encrypt disable [Automatically change HTTP connections to HTTPS connections.] checkbox in [Settings] [General] [Management].

this option prevents the update of let's encrypt

This is the issue I am facing, I cannot update my certificate because the system automatically changes http://mynas:80 to https://mynas:443

I have tried resetting the server but I am still faced with the same. Disabling HTTPS support only lead to me having zero access and needing to reset the server again.....

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”