2 Lan Connections

BVS
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

2 Lan Connections

Post by BVS »

Here's my problem:
My NAS currently sits behind 2 routers giving me a double NAT situation. This was a big problem for my Plex server. If I connected my NAS to the 1st router then all of my in-house TVs wouldn't see the plex server and backing up my PC would have been difficult. I enabled port forwarding on the first router and that fixed the problem. I can access PLEX from inside the LAN as well as from outside the LAN. I then tried to enable EZCONNECT, but EXCONNECT won't find the NAS due to 'too many routers'. It dawned on me that I could physically connect the NAS to both LAN segments, one port going to the WiFi LAN and the other going to the first router. My questions is will that work? Can I have one Port connected to the first router so EZCONNECT will see it while the other port goes to me WiFi router so all my TVs will see the Plex server and my PC will see the NAS for backup purposes? Do I even need to do that? Will the TVs find the Rlex server on the First LAN if I move the whole thing there without a second connection to the WiFi server (without going out to the internet and looping back? (I have a metered Internet service and wouldn't want to put that traffic on it)
Nazar78

Re: 2 Lan Connections

Post by Nazar78 »

Yes it's possible but you can only choose one default gateway. But personally I would rather want to eliminate the double NATing altogether. I.e. remove the first router which I assumed ISP issued? Or set the first router as bridge mode.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
BVS

Post by BVS »

Yea, but I can't do that. The ISP routers are already in Bridge mode. The next router is a TLR600VRN router. This router has 2 WAN ports feeding a LAN port going to my Google wifi Nest system. The first router can't be set to Bridge because I loose the automatic fail over, Load balancing, etc that I need to support the 2 to 1 WANs to LAN. The Google Wifi router can't be set tp bridge mode because it uses it's routing function to talk to it's 2 other access points and route among them. If I turn off routing only one Point will work, no mesh coverage which I need.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

You have a little complex dual WAN setup there. OT; Are you able to bypass the two ISP routers connect the ONT/ONR directly to the TLR600VPN WAN ports? I mean still you can't set the Google WiFi to AP bridge mode without losing the mesh function but this will tidy the setup slightly. Just my opinion.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
BVS

Post by BVS »

The wo ISP routers are already in bridge mode, taking them out would less some troubling capabilities as, as they and, I don't think they are really adding any complexity to the installation (since they are just bridging). But thanks, I'll loo into that. I went ahead and plugged one router into the TL R600 router and one into the google wifi router and Asustor Control Center app couldn't find the NAS on either network. I guess I need to investigate some more. Thanks for your help
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Ok, for the two lan, I can't remember on top of my head, but you'll need to setup the routing tables or widen the subnet masks on all DHCP providers or static nodes.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”