AS5202T - Login Credentials Correct, Not Working

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

spottedsalamander
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS5202T - Login Credentials Correct, Not Working

Post by spottedsalamander »

Hello,

I apologize if this question has been asked before. I admit to only having basic set-up knowledge, so it is very possible that I have overlooked something important:

I had been using my Nimbustor for several months time without issue, always with the same password and then it suddenly stopped working even though I never changed it...
The password seems to go through, but it denies access when I attempt double verification with Google Authentication. (I attempted to re-sync the authenticator but this did not help.) - I did find a forum post claiming that this was some kind of known bug caused by router interference, but I didn't fully understand the issue or how to fix it.

I know that I can reset my password by doing a "hard reset" by inserting a paperclip into a hole on the device. I currently believe that this doesn't affect the data inside, but I wanted to ask to make absolutely sure and to understand what other settings it erases. I also want to understand what is happening so that I can fix it so that it doesn't happen again...

Also, is there anything that I can try before doing the hard system settings reset?

Thank you very much! I look forward to your reply.
orion

Re: AS5202T - Login Credentials Correct, Not Working

Post by orion »

Do you open your NAS to internet? Somebodies here reported that their NAS is hijacked by hackers. At the end, they found the reason is caused by setting up a very simple password. If not, that's good.

And, do you setup Network defender? If yes, your PC might be blocked if there are some failure trials. You can use another PC / phone to login to NAS to check the log (ADM web -> System Information -> Log).

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”