Network and App Control Issues

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

alogon
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Network and App Control Issues

Post by alogon »

Howdy.

My issues are various, though may boil down to networking.

I set up my as5202t a week or so ago. I got qbittorrent running (or I could reach the app in a browser window). I could not figure out how to have it "see" a .torrent file dropped in the directory being monitored (I have since, maybe, figured out how to configure that).

So, I read about portainer and installed that to edit paths and such. My memory has fogged because I have been fighting the *big* and new issue for the last 48 hours. Sigh.

Somewhere in messing around portainer with no experience or bothering with a manual, I decided that spinning up a clean qBit container would help. It didn't. I also decided to delete the "not quite working, but better than nothing" existing container.

As I was less and less successful with each iteration, I decided to start over cuz "new system; nothing's working well anyway". So, I reinitialized and tried to configure back to the previous "almost working" state.

Although the process seemed to be successful in and of itself, I can now connect to the NAS page in my browser (local IP and DDNS). However, I cannot get portainer or qBit pages to connect. Using the ADM desktop icons takes me to the local IP:port. The browser says, "Can't connect. X.X.X.X refused to connect." Because I have established a TLS cert through Let's Encrypt, I don't believe https would work on an IP, but I have tried it both ways repeated.

Any suggestions for narrowing down what I have done to foul this up? Minor tweaks followed by page refreshes have been unfruitful. And the logs don't indicate any "I have protected your honor by blocking this connection!" actions. I do have an unnecessarily complex network config with an eero mesh plugged in an AT&T router/modem. The eero is DMZed through the ATT so that the eero does all of the filtering and such.

I'm ok with a full wipe if that is the best course of action, but the option presented appears to only be reinitialize and that preserved admin creds and few other things.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!
Nazar78

Re: Network and App Control Issues

Post by Nazar78 »

You can check if the containers are actually running by ssh (enable terminal first in ADM) into the NAS then run "docker ps -a". Look at the status column. If it's not running you can try start it up see any errors "docker start <container-name>" where <container-name> reflects in the NAMES column case-sensitive. Any errors you can share it here to troubleshoot.

If it's running try use the NAT port reflected in the PORTS column to connect. Usually this is my first step by checking the listening ports "netstat -natp|grep LISTEN".
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
alogon

Post by alogon »

<facepalm>SSH. Yes, of course, SSH.</facepalm> :D

Thanks! That was exactly what I needed. None of processes were running though they appeared to be in AppCentral. I should have just toggled them off/on there, but that interface element didn't stick out to me. A little "<--Stop" and "Start-->" over the slider would've made that more obvious. I think I saw a feature request section in the forum.

I appreciate your help!
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

No problem. Actually there's seems to be issues with the recent docker release. Few have reported that some if not all containers won't start at boot. I'm experiencing it myself especially during daily image upgrades where some containers won't restart after the upgrades. You can see this post for a temp fix but YMMV viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12036
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”