Nimbus 5304T Plex video very choppy with lots of buffering

BorisBadenov
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Nimbus 5304T Plex video very choppy with lots of buffering

Post by BorisBadenov »

This is a bit of a hard one. I have a feeling it relates to subtitles.

I have a number of foreign language films. When I rip them to my NAS, I include subtitles.

But when I play a 1080p .MKV file, it looks great but buffers about every 30 seconds, making the film unwatchable.

However, when I run something like say Quantum of Solace in 1080, it runs like a champion.

I am running this across my network to an LG OLED TV using Cat 5 because I can't yet get the HDMI connection set up for Plex. I'm still trying to figure out how to do that with Asus Portal.

First question is, does anyone else experience this and secondly, does anyone know if this is a Nimbus problem or a Plex problem, in which case I should probably try there.

Any help appreciated.
orion

Re: Nimbus 5304T Plex video very choppy with lots of buffering

Post by orion »

I guess it's caused by Plex Player on your LG TV. But it's hard to confirm this.
On the other hand, you can try KODI (viewtopic.php?f=98&t=11335). It can play media and display on your LG TV through HDMI cable (Asustor Portal needed).
BorisBadenov

Post by BorisBadenov »

I know Kodi very well, In fact, I decommissioned my Kodi box when I got this NAS. That explains why I'm doing this!

I went to the recommended sites but couldn't find the Kodi app, much less for a Nimbus 5304T...

App Central could only come up with a thing called TvHeadEnd, which I've never heard of.

*EDIT
Belay that! I found it!

Silly me! :)
BorisBadenov

Post by BorisBadenov »

Okay, the file I downloaded is called "kodi_as5253_18.0.0.r2_x86-64.apk".

So does anyone know whether this is the right file extension for Asustor because I don't recall what it should be?

Has anyone here had any problems with it?

I assume it can be installed manually through App Central...
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
BorisBadenov wrote:Okay, the file I downloaded is called "kodi_as5253_18.0.0.r2_x86-64.apk".
Q1 : So does anyone know whether this is the right file extension for Asustor because I don't recall what it should be?
Q2 : I assume it can be installed manually through App Central...
Q1 : YES apk is the good extension for A.D.M. APKG (even used by other package manager)

Q2 : YES ... use manual install

For problem, wait for user, for my own I used myHD APKG that integrate Kodi 18 (from Ubuntu repository) AND Kodi 19 with a simple update to stable repository.
myHD support update as any Ubuntu environment, so you don't have to wait for a new APKG to update applications (in), security patches and updated libraries ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
BorisBadenov

Post by BorisBadenov »

Thank you Philippe.

I am looking at your site right now to get a feel for it.

Looks straight forward enough.
BorisBadenov

Post by BorisBadenov »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
BorisBadenov wrote:Okay, the file I downloaded is called "kodi_as5253_18.0.0.r2_x86-64.apk".
Q1 : So does anyone know whether this is the right file extension for Asustor because I don't recall what it should be?
Q2 : I assume it can be installed manually through App Central...
Q1 : YES apk is the good extension for A.D.M. APKG (even used by other package manager)

Q2 : YES ... use manual install

For problem, wait for user, for my own I used myHD APKG that integrate Kodi 18 (from Ubuntu repository) AND Kodi 19 with a simple update to stable repository.
myHD support update as any Ubuntu environment, so you don't have to wait for a new APKG to update applications (in), security patches and updated libraries ...

Philippe.
Thank you Philippe.

Everything is working. I prefer the Plex interface but I know Kodi very well.

Thanks again.
chris.e

Post by chris.e »

Turn off hardware transcoding.

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”