Plex not connecting & Noise

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

pfranchi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Plex not connecting & Noise

Post by pfranchi »

Hi - I am very new to this and am hoping someone could help with these two issues. I have an AS5304T. I had 2 questions:

First, I set up a Plex server and it was working intermittently for about a week (sometimes connects, sometimes did not). For the last 36 hours, it hasn’t been connecting at all. All of my other apps are working fine and connecting, just not Plex. What am I doing wrong?

Second, occasionally the server itself gets pretty loud. It’s hard to describe the sound, but it’s louder than any computer I have. It’s like the sound of a dishwasher working. Is that common? I have an Ironwolf 8TB NAS HD. I haven’t been able to find anyone saying they have the same issue. If that’s not normal, is there something I can do to fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated!
father.mande

Re: Plex not connecting & Noise

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
pfranchi wrote:Hi - I am very new to this and am hoping someone could help with these two issues. I have an AS5304T. I had 2 questions:

First, I set up a Plex server and it was working intermittently for about a week (sometimes connects, sometimes did not). For the last 36 hours, it hasn’t been connecting at all. All of my other apps are working fine and connecting, just not Plex. What am I doing wrong?

Second, occasionally the server itself gets pretty loud. It’s hard to describe the sound, but it’s louder than any computer I have. It’s like the sound of a dishwasher working. Is that common? I have an Ironwolf 8TB NAS HD. I haven’t been able to find anyone saying they have the same issue. If that’s not normal, is there something I can do to fix it?

Any help would be much appreciated!
For Plex ... open in ADM desktop the Web interface ... connect to your plex account, then select "settings" the icon top right ... now select the server (left pane) and have a look to performances select dashboard menu (left pane)
... try to play somethings (on client) and have a look ... also you can select "console" to have last event.
... have a look to Plex Server logs ... in /share/Plex/Library/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs/
... if you have conversion running, this can impact Plex performance or access.

Sound come generally from FAN ... have a look in storage manager select disk and use the down arrow to get temperature ...
Also have a look in settings / hardware / fan control
BUT it's possible or probable that your FAN have a problem and require to be replaced .

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
pfranchi

Re: Plex not connecting & Noise

Post by pfranchi »

Philippe-

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get Plex working again by re-installing it. As for the fan, I will look into that. Thanks!

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”