Problems with Shut Down

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

AndyM
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Problems with Shut Down

Post by AndyM »

Seemed to make sense to me to shut the AS6604T down when it won't be used for the day (usually used each evening). Twice now I have had problems occur when I initiate a shut down. The first time it seemed I bumped into a system update. This time the latest version of ADM was installed a few (2?) days ago automatically. I used control center last night to request a shut down and off to bed.

In the morning I noticed it had Not shut down and no number of requests from Control Center or ADM had an effect. Turned off the router to see of something was having an effect there, but no change. Finally did a Button power down.

Restarted ok later in the day but the disks have been chattering overtime since (like its reconfiguring or something). Screen shot of log attached.

I did set up the sleep mode but found the disks continued to chatter albeit less frequently. No idea why it sleep walks.

Questions - is shutting down daily a problem? From the log info are there any clues as to what might be the causing the problem?

TIA
log 1.png
log 1.png (412.99 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Andy
AndyM

Re: Problems with Shut Down

Post by AndyM »

This continues to be a real problem. I used the control center shut down command last night - nope - still on in the morning. NAS screen shows Shutting down - please wait. Resorted NAS off button - that worked. Log shows the NAS did not shut down normally - as before apps report wait time exceeded 60 seconds - no idea why.

Anyone having similar issues?

Today started with the NAS button; all seems to function normally (Love it when it does that). Tonight tried to shut down using the Off button in Portal - half hour in and it still says "Goodbye" but does not power down - disks keep chattering away (one of the reasons I shut down is the chattering never stops, but that is a different issue).

Does the Portal Off button not turn the NAS power off? Do I still have to resort to a button push?

I would post my log but not sure how to get it sized small enough to properly to post.

All advice appreciated.

Andy
Araneum

Post by Araneum »

Hi there,

I experience the same problem with my new AS6604T: it is not shutting down. Not through the software (ADM) and not by pushing the on-off button.

When trying to shut down via ADM, the NAS indicates that it is shutting down, but 'hangs' when showing the 'goodbye' message.
When pushing the on-off button, the status led (number 2, green) flashes, but nothing else happens.

I contacted Asustor support for this and because I havo no HDMI signal when using the AS6604T on a smart TV.

Hopefully support can help solving both problems.

Grtz,

Araneum
Wiserx

Post by Wiserx »

I have the same problem with my AS6604T!
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Funny how things change - for whatever reason, as of late, I have found the sleep functions working perfectly. I have had no issues putting the unit to sleep, powering down or waking using the any of the various methods (ADM, Control Center or Portal). Don't think I changed anything and I hope nothing changes!
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

I have to update this - after being so happy with the wake/sleep functions (until yesterday) I find I am back to them not working after I downloaded the latest update. Shades of Microsoft...

I am back to button pushing - a nuisance.

Not pleased.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Well, another update - looks like I am back in business again - hurray! Not sure why - best I can guess is I found a thread that was talking about VPN changes that were affecting things (darned if I can see the thread again) - turned off the auto start up and WOL seemed to be back in business. Co-incidence? Not sure, but I am happy to report it's seems to be working as it should.
Araneum

Post by Araneum »

Araneum wrote:Hi there,

I experience the same problem with my new AS6604T: it is not shutting down. Not through the software (ADM) and not by pushing the on-off button.

When trying to shut down via ADM, the NAS indicates that it is shutting down, but 'hangs' when showing the 'goodbye' message.
When pushing the on-off button, the status led (number 2, green) flashes, but nothing else happens.

I contacted Asustor support for this and because I havo no HDMI signal when using the AS6604T on a smart TV.

Hopefully support can help solving both problems.

Grtz,

Araneum
My problems have not been solved. I still experience the following problems:

The NAS (AS6604T) refuses to shut down properly, no matter what I try;
After a few hours of being 'on' the NAS stops sending a hdmi signal to the tv (no image on tv, but can be resolved by unplugging the hdmi cable on the NAS)
When in sleep mode, there is no way to activate the NAS (and pressing the on-off-button does restart the system, but with the message that the NAS did not shut down properly, followed by hours of synchronizing).

The hardware of this NAS may be very good, the software is the opposite. Using this NAS for over a few month and I am not satisfied (rather frustrated).
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

I was frustrated with that as well. Sorry I can offer no more than that - I am a rookie so I am in learning mode. But, I do have to wonder if there are still some rough edges on some of the software - my thread on Deleting Portal apps is an example.
orion

Post by orion »

Araneum wrote: The NAS (AS6604T) refuses to shut down properly, no matter what I try;
I usually put NAS into sleep mode, rather than shutdown. After tried to shutdown, it works. You'd better to report this issue to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
Araneum wrote: When in sleep mode, there is no way to activate the NAS (and pressing the on-off-button does restart the system, but with the message that the NAS did not shut down properly, followed by hours of synchronizing).
Do you mean sleep mode, i.e., orange LED in front of NAS? I can wake NAS up without any problems (through AiMaster, WOL tool, power button... etc.).

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”