AS5202T and external USB 3 drive

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

orion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: AS5202T and external USB 3 drive

Post by orion »

wingstyle wrote:Phillipe posted: name of share is attributed by A.D.M. form of the name : USBx (x is a number for each partitions in the disk) ... and partitions are mounted by default automatically.
but using simple command like "mount -l" you can show the real label (in case it's a problem to identify it ... if label is set on device) ...

I am new to NAS so I don't understand how to use the simple command "mount -l". Can you or someone else elaborate? I have four external USB drives connected to my AS5202 with a usb hub and all show up and can be accessed. But they are labeled USB 21, USB 22, USB 23, and USB 24. I would like them to show up as they do when connected to my PC directly, ie. with the HDD name. Can this be done, or where do I use the simple command?
"mount -l" is a manual command that you can execute in ssh session (enable terminal service first in ADM web). But it seems that you are not familiar with Linux command. It only helps you if you know Linux command well. And it does not change the share name.
ADM does not provide a way to change this USB share names (at least the current version).
wingstyle

Re: AS5202T and external USB 3 drive

Post by wingstyle »

Thank Orion. You ar correct, I am not familiar with Linux commands.

I didn't think you could change the USB share names, but wanted to make sure. It's not a major issue since I can use the external devices app to see some details about the drives, it would just have been nice to use the names I was already familiar with. I used these USB drives as direct attach previously so I am used to their names.

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”