ADM did update - won't restart

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

AndyM
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ADM did update - won't restart

Post by AndyM »

I wanted to move the NAS yesterday so in preparation I hit the off button - it has been stuck on "Please wait - shutting down" since. I opened ADM where it told me it had updated and is now restarting and, 18 hrs later, still is. Each time I go into ADM shows a bar indicating it's 77% complete the restart, moves to 100% and does nothing. Attached are some screen shots:
6604 failed.png
6604 failed.png (780.39 KiB) Viewed 3556 times
6604 reconnect.png
6604 reconnect.png (727.46 KiB) Viewed 3556 times
6604 restart.png
6604 restart.png (716.47 KiB) Viewed 3556 times
Advice please. I will disable auto update if I get this going again.

Thanks
Andy

EDIT: I just confirmed the NAS display says "Shutting Down - Please Wait". ADM also says "System is Shutting Down" but the "Restart" icon is turning. Not sure this adds much but that's where it's (still) stuck.

EDIT 2: Still waiting for it to "Restart". Missing it LOT already - HELP! please.
orion

Re: ADM did update - won't restart

Post by orion »

I think you should try to refresh this web page. It could be caused that this page connection is broken.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Hi Orion,

I am a little confused by your comment. I have logged out and shut down the PC several times since this started. When I restart the PC sign into ADM the error is unchanged even after over a day. Am I missing something?

One thing I noticed - control center says the NAS is "Ready" and has no trouble taking me to ADM. But when I get there it's the same page as you see in the above clips.

Cheers
Andy
orion

Post by orion »

OK, that's cleaner than refresh web page.
Your LCD on NAS shows "Please wait - shutting down". It means that NAS is still shutting down. The web page shows that update is completed. So I believe there are certain shutdown tasks blocked. I think you can try to remove NAS power and put power back to restart NAS.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Ok I thought about doing that but was afraid it would create bigger issues. Do you recommend holding the on off button or detaching the power cable from the NAS?
orion

Post by orion »

I think both ways should get the same result.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Wish me luck!
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

I am very happy to report all seems to be back to normal. I confess to being overly cautious as a rookie NAS owner. Some of the stories of the problems folks have had hasn't helped.

Thank you very much Orion - your help is MUCH appreciated.

Cheers
Andy

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”