Windows 10 Pro on Nimbustor

Nazar78
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Windows 10 Pro on Nimbustor

Post by Nazar78 »

Just playing around if someone interested ;) It installed perfectly but seem there's no way to assemble the existing raid-10 even there's ways to access the Linux partitions, so need to recreate the software raid. Can see the fan RPM but can't control same goes to the LEDs. Everything else is ok. Also previously tried successfully with Ubuntu Desktop 20.04, probably I'll stick to Ubuntu.
Windows 10
Windows 10
Untitled.png (487.22 KiB) Viewed 5704 times
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
huey11

Re: Windows 10 Pro on Nimbustor

Post by huey11 »

Hi Nazar78,

That sounds interesting: are you saying you installed ubuntu/windows 10 as replacement for ADM? So it boots directly in other OS?
If so I would be interested in the procedure, cause that would allow us to use a different management tool like OpenMediaVault maybe...

Can you elaboate?

Regards
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Yes installed and boots directly into Windows or Ubuntu instead of ADM. OpenMediaVault and any other similar OS is also possible and you can even do multiboot e.g. via grub.

Since this is unofficially unsupported and warranty void in question, I need time to work on the procedure including flashing the bios manually back to default in case things gone wrong (happened to me once I can't get it to auto boot back to ADM). So far I've spent most of my free time improvising the ADM to my liking, I'll try to redo this soon with the list of the steps.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
huey11

Post by huey11 »

Great! Please keep us informed!
(Finding a way to get back to default would indeed be very much wanted).

Regards,
danratty

Post by danratty »

Hi,

Very interested in this. I have AS5304T.

I'd like to install ubuntu instead of ADM as I have some serious security concerns with it.

Have you posted a guide elsewhere?

I have been looking into doing this myself, and am prepared to spend time making ubuntu work, but currently I can't even boot from USB, I can't get into the bios. ESC, F2, and DEL do not work. I recently updated the bios to 1.25, has this new bios locked me out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”