Basic Photo Sharing ...

IHB
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Basic Photo Sharing ...

Post by IHB »

Just bought the AS5202T after reading much about ease of set-up, with the initial goal of quickly sharing images to family members who are remote. After copying test images into both Public and Photo Gallery, I send the "Share Link" to Internet without password to an email address and open it with a mobile phone. The issue is the link is so slow it's scary. When it eventually opens up into the file system (which looks archaic), the thumbnails which are only 1Mb, (and only 4 of them), take quite a while to load each image. This is going to be a nightmare if I load a couple of hundred images there.

I haven't messed around with system settings as I wanted to see how it works out of the box, but surely it shouldn't be harder than that? And why so slow? We run fiber into the house, and the phone connects over 4G back into our network. In comparison, we have a WD Live Drive from 2012 that not only shows the images instantly in comparison, but it also shows large thumbnails and zips through the photos really fast in an App that is no longer supported and only has basic viewing capabilites. How can a new NAS from 2020 run so much slower?? Is it that difficult that I need to read through a guide on how to share photos? If so, and I won't be impressed if there is ..where can i find such a guide? And with all the apps available in App Central, are there no modern apps that can be used for family members to view photos quickly, nstead of going through a web address that looks as if its running on Windows 3.11?? This is supposed to be a media station, and if can't cope with standard pics, how on earth is it going to be useful with other elements.
IHB

Re: Basic Photo Sharing ...

Post by IHB »

So I had installed AiFoto; AiFoto3; AiMaster; AiData on the mobile phone, followed by Asustor EZ Connect; Asustor EZ Sync; Asustor Control Center on the PC, followed by Photo Gallery (PG) & PG3, activated EZ Rtr to be able gain remote access. I then went into PG1 & 3 and uploaded a photo, which did not appear in the window I uploaded it to. Instead the images appear under Home/My Photo, which is not directly visible under PG. All this in order to attempt to share photos ...

When I then try to access the NAS via PG on the mobile phone, it tells me I need to go to EZRTR and authorise the PG APP specifically using a specific port. What the actual ...

The technology looks great, is quite and was easy to "start-up", but outside of that, this is not a social media user friendly NAS for sharing / back-up. It literally has a feel of software/apps written by a 15 year old for his school project. Complete waste of money & time.
orion

Re: Basic Photo Sharing ...

Post by orion »

I guess your NAS is behind gateway NAT protected LAN (inside your home and by your ISP). Your shared link should go through a relay-server (EZ connect). I believe the bandwidth of the relay-server is limited and is shared among all people. You'd better to open your PG ports in your gateway and ISP. That should be better.

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”