AS5202T - Mouse pointer just shows up on screen. Bios flash?

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

thatguy714
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS5202T - Mouse pointer just shows up on screen. Bios flash?

Post by thatguy714 »

This is for my wife's office, her business.

AS5202T. I think I stupidly try to load a Windows OS on it, and may have cleared the bios. All that shows on the screen I have connected to it is a mouse pointer. I have plugged up a usb mouse and keyboard, and the pointer on the screen never moves.

I fear I may need to flash the bios, from what I've read in my research. Also, I do have the control panel program installed on a PC in that network, but I (once again) stupidly lost the password.

My question is how can i fix this? Do I need to flash the bios? If so, where do I get what I need to do it? I tried to search around but there didn't seem to be anything specific to my model of NAS.

I'm not a guru but I am also not a n00b. Maybe I'm just an over confident amateur?

Thanks in advance for any help.
father.mande

Re: AS5202T - Mouse pointer just shows up on screen. Bios flash?

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Not sure it's BIOS, because Windows can rewrite your DOM (Disk On Module used for NAS boot) not the BIOS

1 screen connected power on the NAS (after a power cord remove and reinsert) and see if Bios logo is displayed
... if yes ... just try to enter in Bios (Del or F2 ... I don't remember for AS52 series)
... after you can try to boot using an USB Live Linux and verify if grub (Linux bootload) can be restored (2 duplicate partitions on DOM) or / and restore DOM (search forum or best ask support)

2 try to reset the BIOS disconnect power / remove battery and wait (I don't know if a rest strap exist on NAS ... ask support)

3 ask support ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Nazar78

Re: AS5202T - Mouse pointer just shows up on screen. Bios flash?

Post by Nazar78 »

If you can see the screen and the mouse then probably the OS is already loaded but there's something wrong with the X display app? Just try do the standard password reset https://www.asustor.com/en/knowledge/de ... oup_id=622 and login to the NAS portal to find out what's wrong and fix the app display, ADM portal.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”