Move from single disk to raid1 setup

Post by xavi »

Hi,
Currently i have a 6604 with 4 disks:
- ssd 500GB as volume 0/ volume 1
- hdd 1TB
- hdd 6TB
- htt 3TB

I have discovered that i can use the m2 slots as storage space so im thinking to buy 2x m2 2280 500GB ssd to configure in RAID1. This will contain the ADM system/apps specially my docker containers and some of my files. The other disks will have media stuff for my jellyfin.

Question is, i can't install the new ssds and move my system/apps there, right? i have to go through the initial process and setup up everything?

As for the other disks, keeping them while configuring the new raid is ok? is better to take them out and reinstall after setting up the new raid? will they be available since its a "new" system or do i have to reformat the disks?

Thanks in advance.
Nazar78

Re: Move from single disk to raid1 setup

Post by Nazar78 »

Officially you can't change the volume1 without initializing the system. Also after initializing, you will probably no longer see the the existing disks because the config is lost. Unfortunately this is how the system works and unless you know what you're doing like messing with the terminal commands, we wouldn't recommend you doing this. Every disks even single ones are part of a RAID and there's several partitions on each disk like partition two is for OS, three is for SWAP and four is for data.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
xavi

Re: Move from single disk to raid1 setup

Post by xavi »

Nazar78 wrote:Officially you can't change the volume1 without initializing the system. Also after initializing, you will probably no longer see the the existing disks because the config is lost. Unfortunately this is how the system works and unless you know what you're doing like messing with the terminal commands, we wouldn't recommend you doing this. Every disks even single ones are part of a RAID and there's several partitions on each disk like partition two is for OS, three is for SWAP and four is for data.
I was expecting this. Thanks for the help!

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”