Can't access NAS on network through Control Center

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

theimmortal
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can't access NAS on network through Control Center

Post by theimmortal »

Can't view my AS5202T NAS on the network through Control Center and can't figure out how to direct connect with Ethernet cable (or just can't seem to get it to work).

The reset button on the back doesn't seem to be doing anything either. I read that it should reset network settings to default and reset the password as well.

I tried direct connect with a laptop but again could not see the NAS.

Most recently we moved from cable to fibre and back to cable internet service providers and I'm not sure if this would have changed something. I remember one technician saying something about subnet mask when setting up a new modem but I thought that we always had 255.255.255.0, although I think I may have seen 255.255.0.0 at some point.

Any thoughts?
AS6404T user

Re: Can't access NAS on network through Control Center

Post by AS6404T user »

theimmortal wrote:Can't view my AS5202T NAS on the network through Control Center and can't figure out how to direct connect with Ethernet cable (or just can't seem to get it to work).

The reset button on the back doesn't seem to be doing anything either. I read that it should reset network settings to default and reset the password as well.

Most recently we moved from cable to fibre and back to cable internet service providers and I'm not sure if this would have changed something. I remember one technician saying something about subnet mask when setting up a new modem but I thought that we always had 255.255.255.0, although I think I may have seen 255.255.0.0 at some point.

Any thoughts?
Are you running a VPN client? I has problems with ACC on Windows since my VPN client was blocking broadcast calls to port 8888, which is used by ACC:

https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php ... 818#p34945
theimmortal

Post by theimmortal »

AS6404T user wrote:
theimmortal wrote:Can't view my AS5202T NAS on the network through Control Center and can't figure out how to direct connect with Ethernet cable (or just can't seem to get it to work).

Any thoughts?
Are you running a VPN client? I has problems with ACC on Windows since my VPN client was blocking broadcast calls to port 8888, which is used by ACC:

I've run into the issue with VPN clients in the past and you simply shut it down and all is good. The problem I'm having now is that Asustor Control Center doesn't see the NAS on the network, I can't ping the NAS and even with direct ethernet connection I can't see it.
AS6404T user

Post by AS6404T user »

theimmortal wrote:
AS6404T user wrote:

Any thoughts?

I've run into the issue with VPN clients in the past and you simply shut it down and all is good. The problem I'm having now is that Asustor Control Center doesn't see the NAS on the network, I can't ping the NAS and even with direct ethernet connection I can't see it.
Right. I moved my VPN client to the router for that reason.

Can you see the NAS in the File Explorer or log in to it in your web browser? That is, is the problem only with the ACC app or with connections to the NAS in general?
theimmortal

Post by theimmortal »

My HUGE mistake was not checking all cables after the switching interenet service providers.

OOPS. Yes, it was the cable from the router to the switch that was unplugged. Everything that connected wireless did and everything hard wired didn't.

DOH!!

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”