AS6604T: No IP Address after ADM Update

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

ugyes
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: AS6604T: No IP Address after ADM Update

Post by ugyes »

The solution provided by support is to push the Reset button. It solved the main network issue, but I can't reach my apps running in Docker after this.:(
shaileshjkumar

Post by shaileshjkumar »

shaileshjkumar wrote:
Nazar78 wrote:Something must have gone wrong with the update. Log into your router admin, does it shows it assigned any IP to the NAS? Usually if this happens to me, I would boot using Live USB to troubleshoot both the DOM and OS but since it's a new NAS, suggest you contact Asustor Support for assistance.
I tried on the router and it does not show up on the list of devices with IPs. Though the connection lights on the router shows something is connected.

I have opened a ticket with Asustor Support and will wait for them to respond and will update here when they do.
Asustor Support has not yet responded to my ticket. I updated the ticket today, asking them if they want me to return the device.
Asustor AS-608T (3GB RAM), ADM 2.2.2 RBB1 (8 x WD Red WD30EFRX 3TB, RAID 6) 16.9 TB!
DIY NAS Windows-10 64-Bit 8GB Ram 120GB SSD DriveBender (12 HDDs Multi Sizes) 16.9 TB!
DriveBender http://www.division-m.com/drivebender/
ugyes

Post by ugyes »

shaileshjkumar wrote:
shaileshjkumar wrote:
Nazar78 wrote:Something must have gone wrong with the update. Log into your router admin, does it shows it assigned any IP to the NAS? Usually if this happens to me, I would boot using Live USB to troubleshoot both the DOM and OS but since it's a new NAS, suggest you contact Asustor Support for assistance.
I tried on the router and it does not show up on the list of devices with IPs. Though the connection lights on the router shows something is connected.

I have opened a ticket with Asustor Support and will wait for them to respond and will update here when they do.
Asustor Support has not yet responded to my ticket. I updated the ticket today, asking them if they want me to return the device.
My suggestion is: to pull out the LAN cable from the existing socket and put it into another LAN socket. And push the Reset button after. After pulling out my NAS changed back the IP address. But the Reset was necessary to update all network settings.
shaileshjkumar

Post by shaileshjkumar »

Nazar78 wrote: My suggestion is: to pull out the LAN cable from the existing socket and put it into another LAN socket. And push the Reset button after. After pulling out my NAS changed back the IP address. But the Reset was necessary to update all network settings.
I tried everything with multiple cables and different router. Even connecting it directly to a PC via network cable. Also I tried attaching an HDMI Monitor to the NAS with Keyboard and Mouse. I just see a blank window with one blinking curser far right top of the screen.

I noticed that though the lights of the port on the routers are lit up but the lights on the NAS ports are not there. Is that normal?
NAS Ports
NAS Ports
NAS4.jpg (56.59 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
Router Ports.
Router Ports.
NAS3.jpg (63.99 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
Asustor AS-608T (3GB RAM), ADM 2.2.2 RBB1 (8 x WD Red WD30EFRX 3TB, RAID 6) 16.9 TB!
DIY NAS Windows-10 64-Bit 8GB Ram 120GB SSD DriveBender (12 HDDs Multi Sizes) 16.9 TB!
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

No that is not normal. You should see the network port LEDs blinking when both ends are connected to active devices.

You could try the following to test for hardware issue, Prepare a bootable Live USB onto a spare USB stick. You can also use any modern Linux installer i.e. Ubuntu Desktop. With the USB inserted, a monitor and keyboard connected to the NAS, reboot it whilst hitting the DEL key until you see the BIOS/UEFI screen. In the menu, choose to boot from your connected USB stick.

If you're using the Ubuntu installer, choose the option to try instead of installing. Once you see the desktop, you can now check your network. If there's any sign of network activities like IP issued and/or LEDs blinking, the next step is try to fix the NAS firmware from there which if you're not familiar, ask someone to assist you remotely. Search my previous post
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
ugyes

Post by ugyes »

shaileshjkumar wrote:
Nazar78 wrote: My suggestion is: to pull out the LAN cable from the existing socket and put it into another LAN socket. And push the Reset button after. After pulling out my NAS changed back the IP address. But the Reset was necessary to update all network settings.
I tried everything with multiple cables and different router. Even connecting it directly to a PC via network cable. Also I tried attaching an HDMI Monitor to the NAS with Keyboard and Mouse. I just see a blank window with one blinking curser far right top of the screen.

I noticed that though the lights of the port on the routers are lit up but the lights on the NAS ports are not there. Is that normal?
NAS4.jpg
NAS3.jpg
Don't want you to try it whit only 1 LAN cable?
shaileshjkumar

Post by shaileshjkumar »

Asustor Support was also not bale to resolve the issue. So we returned the NAS.

Thank you everyone for the help and guidance.

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”