Unable to access ADM

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Unsunghero
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Unable to access ADM

Post by Unsunghero »

For around a week now I have been unable to access the ADM login page.

Everything was working fine, nothing has been changed, now when I enter the IP address to go to the login page I get a failed page saying "This site can’t be reached ***.***.*.** refused to connect".

I wondered if anyone had any ideas?

I can still access my Plex media Server, I can still access the mapped drives using the same IP address, but it will not let me use ADM.

Thanks in advance.
orion

Re: Unable to access ADM

Post by orion »

Did you assign the correct port number in your ADM URL?
Unsunghero

Post by Unsunghero »

orion wrote:Did you assign the correct port number in your ADM URL?
I do not know what that means. I have always just typed the ip address for the NAS box as the URL and it goes to the ADM login page.
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

Unsunghero wrote:
I do not know what that means. I have always just typed the ip address for the NAS box as the URL and it goes to the ADM login page.
He meant to type in the port number, whichever that was assigned to ADM, default HTTP:8000/HTTPS:8001, to your browser. i.e. http://192.168.1.1:8000.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
Unsunghero

Post by Unsunghero »

Nazar78 wrote:
Unsunghero wrote:
He meant to type in the port number, whichever that was assigned to ADM, default HTTP:8000/HTTPS:8001, to your browser. i.e. http://192.168.1.1:8000.

That worked, thanks. Is there a reason why after about three years of it working on just the IP address that I now need to suddenly put the port number to access it?
Nazar78

Post by Nazar78 »

The default ports 80/443 in the recent ADM think it's now released for the web server. This is probably upon many requests to free these default ports to be used for other purposes. I also believe you're now free to use these ports, including for ADM i.e. set ADM to use 80/443 instead of 8000/8001, but please be aware of the security implications if you're exposing these default ports over the internet.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
Saluton

Post by Saluton »

This happened to me right after updating today. Frustrated to no end until I saw your post. Freaking genius! Y'all really saved my 'NAS' :D
Unsunghero

Post by Unsunghero »

Saluton wrote:This happened to me right after updating today. Frustrated to no end until I saw your post. Freaking genius! Y'all really saved my 'NAS' :D
Glad this helped you too, sounds like you got the fix much faster than me, it was driving me crazy too!
Unsunghero

Post by Unsunghero »

Nazar78 wrote:The default ports 80/443 in the recent ADM think it's now released for the web server. This is probably upon many requests to free these default ports to be used for other purposes. I also believe you're now free to use these ports, including for ADM i.e. set ADM to use 80/443 instead of 8000/8001, but please be aware of the security implications if you're exposing these default ports over the internet.
Thanks for the info Nazar!

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”