Docker - Allowing insecure repositories

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

PetermcD
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Docker - Allowing insecure repositories

Post by PetermcD »

Firstly apologies if this is posted in the wrong location.

I am currently expanding my use of the NAS drive, I am running Portainer on the NAS as well as Nexus acting as a Docker Repository.

I have installed a wildcard certificate that is working perfectly for the Nas gui but unfortunately the docker containers for Portainer and Nexus use HTTP rather than HTTPs therefoe requesting them over HTTPs result in an SSL error.

Due to this, in order to utilize the Nexus repository in Portainer I need to create the file /etc/docker/daemon.json to add the repository as a mirror (and to allow it to be insecure). I have tried this but come across 2 issues:

1) I don't seem to be able to restart docker (systemctl and service are not valid commands). How would I go about restarting docker?
2) If I reboot the Nas the daemon.json file I created no longer exists. Why is the file disappearing and how can I do the required configuration?

Any help appreciated.
PetermcD

Re: Docker - Allowing insecure repositories

Post by PetermcD »

I took 5 minutes more to think about the problem and killed 2 birds with 1 stone. I have setup a reverse proxy so as far as the client is concerned the port is secure using the wildcard ssl.
jfgratton

Re: Docker - Allowing insecure repositories

Post by jfgratton »

PetermcD wrote:I took 5 minutes more to think about the problem and killed 2 birds with 1 stone. I have setup a reverse proxy so as far as the client is concerned the port is secure using the wildcard ssl.
Out of curiosity, how did you go about it ?

I am thinking of following the same route (my Nexus docker registry / dnf repo / apt repo are all behind their own cert; I can docker pull from everywhere *except* Portainer, it's annoying)

Did you use the NAS own reverse proxy, or your own, somewhere else (baremetal, vm, docker image) ?

How did you configure it, exactly ?

The reverse proxy might fix a few cert issues with Debian, but I wish I'd know more about it before diving into it.

Thx

Return to “[Official] For AS52xx/53xx/66xx Series”