Replace Pc Mini Itx by Lockerstor Gen 2

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

tipitao
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Replace Pc Mini Itx by Lockerstor Gen 2

Post by tipitao »

Good morning to everybody. I am interested in buying a 4-bay Lockstore 2 Gen for its versatility. My intention is to use it to make backup copies, so my daughter can synchronize her data from the UK, set up a Vpn server, Kodi and possibly Plex (or similar) but I don't know if Kodi can be installed on the Lockestor 2 Gen (I think so). ) and that it works smoothly with Kodi to play 1080 / 4K content through its HDMI output with Ac3 audio in 5.1 (I have an old Kenwood KRF-V530D 5.1 AC3 amplifier with Jamo speakers that still sound pretty good). Now I have a mini Itx PC with a Gigabyte GA-B250N board, Pentium G4600, 8 Gb Ram, 500 Gb SSD with HDMI output connected to a Samsung 55-inch 8000 series TV with 4K and HDR that outputs 5.1 channels. I have Windows 10 with Kodi mounted on it. My intention was to buy the 4-bay Lockestore Gen 2 to replace the Mini Itx Pc that I have now running. I wanted to know your opinion on this.

Greetings and thank you

Ps. Sorry for my english....

Return to “myHD”