[myHD]Video Real time install using App. Central and Web interface

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[myHD]Video Real time install using App. Central and Web interface

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Some people, including Asustor's marketing said "myHD is for expert"
... myHD is only an "engine" to run standard and easy updated version of common software (Ubuntu 18.04 repository) SO install one time and forget it except to periodically use the internal update mechanism (Web Interface)

With some improvement (display) in v 1.0.2 (available in few hours), I propose to you a small video on a real-time install of myHD
... on a AS5002T with 4 GB memory
... with Internet access (300 Mbits in download)

Install use ONLY App. Central and myHD Web Interface
... So this is WITHOUT pre-download of Ubuntu environment (> 1 Gb) ... even pre-download is certainly the best way to reduce (1/2) the elapse time
... "Web Server" services MUST BE Enable (to have access to Web Interface)
... login to myHD Web interface is myhd / asusfr1
... I use the LAST Ubuntu environment, updated (and available) from Sept. 30 2019

Time line :
... few seconds to install myHD APKG
... few seconds to switch to Web Interface
... ~2,5 minutes to download (by parts) the Ubuntu environment, the scripts and for each compare the MD5 checksum
... ~2 to 2,5 minutes to extract the archive (> 1GB), verify, do myHD basic configuration and restart myHD

I don't show after, the installation of companion APKG (from App. Central or directly in web interface using the myHD Web Store)

link to : https://youtu.be/-VcPZUCl3AM
Included video (here after), please enlarge to get the best visibility (1920x1080 video)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “myHD”