[myHD 1.0.2] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

danauth
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [myHD 1.0.2] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

Post by danauth »

Thanks for all the brilliant work. I've run into a roadblock when installing myHD.
After running the apkg and clicking the myHD icon on the ADM surface I'm asked for
authentification (username and password). Even after setting the access controlls for the web folder
I am not able to access/ run webHD.
This seems really stupid on my part, but do you have a solution? Thanks so much
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
danauth wrote:Thanks for all the brilliant work. I've run into a roadblock when installing myHD.
After running the apkg and clicking the myHD icon on the ADM surface I'm asked for
authentification (username and password). Even after setting the access controlls for the web folder
I am not able to access/ run webHD.
This seems really stupid on my part, but do you have a solution? Thanks so much
If you have not changed it (by myHD command in a terminal) the default is : myhd / asusfr1 (user / password)
... it's to add a minimum of security, because it's not possible to integrate some application interface in A.D.M. web admin
... so it's like Wordpress / Phpadmin, etc. each web application have it's own credentials.

Remember ALL commands available in WebUI exist in myHD command in a terminal logged as root / your_admin_password BUT myHD command have more function (less used)
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
danauth

Post by danauth »

Thank you so much. Now I can access the management tool. However the setup doesn't start (the "blue" status lines don't appear, it stops at "myHD not yet installed")
I'm really sorry for bugging you, thanks so much in advance
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
danauth wrote:Thank you so much. Now I can access the management tool. However the setup doesn't start (the "blue" status lines don't appear, it stops at "myHD not yet installed")
I'm really sorry for bugging you, thanks so much in advance
No problem.

myHD (for now,I work on it to change this point) during first start do in background
... download of Ubuntu env. (~ 1.2 GB) long to very long if you don't have a good Internet access... if you don't use the shell script provide before installing APKG that done the download to reduce the elapse time after myHD APKG install
... extract them and configure it

During all this phase ... myHD return "not yet installed"

To follow and for debug please provide contains of : (open a ssh terminal with root / your_admin_password)
/tmp/start_myHD.log
/tmp/download_myHD.log

Philippe.
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

First - wow !!

Thanks for this Applikation, running kodi 18.5 like charming..
aftwerwards i installed TV/PVR to kodi

cool to do this in terminal as root_user.

THANKS once more @father.mande that you developed such a finest App

EDIT: Did an uninstall of portainer!- solves my problem
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi Anubis,

I will check, I think it's not a big deal ... (my autorun is for APKG only ex. to start Kodi immediately after boot or myHD start)
I will have a look to tautulli and analyse what is needed (I suppose a simple Python script OR a virtualenv (activate) and a Python script)

BUT if you have a script running under root it's not complicated (2 alternatives) :
1 add a link in /etc/rc2.d to your script with a name Snnyour_script_name_executable (nn is the priority order (so be sure to start it after system services)
OR
2 you can also don't change /etc/rc2.d (in case of update later) and use the private rc.local /myHD_scripts/bin/rc.local
... this private rc.local is to start and change access right require by myHD is launched at myHD start time ... you can add your own launch
... ... take care to use background (&) or better nohup (/usr/bin/nohup) to run it as a service
... ... take care to use only full Path or to set PATH env. variable (the init phase don't have a full environment)
... in case you need to run under a "normal" user ... use su (/bin/su)

In all case I will search a more easy solution ... (if possible)
Philippe.
Anubis

Post by Anubis »

portainer smacks my cpu up, and i thought it´s a must have for docker_ce, but it isn´t.

So thinking about autorun Tautulli in myHD died for the moment.

thanks for your fast help
Zwever

Post by Zwever »

Updated ubuntu in MyHD Management tool to ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

But now my Infra Red remote does not work anymore in KODI19
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Zwever wrote:Updated ubuntu in MyHD Management tool to ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Is it the Asustor IR remote Control ? ... and before I suppose you had only partial keys working ? or did you use another R.C. ?

I will run a test (but not before Sunday) with Asustor R.C. to have an idea ... problem is : Asustor don't provide information on its remote receiver in NAS ... so it's difficult to custom it or use an alternate method, generally available for "standard" Linux R.C.

As a temporary (I hope) workaround, you can use from a SmartPhone or Tablet
... Kore (the official Kodi R.C. for smartphone
... Droidmote (Android) works well (require droidmote APKG)
... Vnc client require X_Vnc_server APKG to get full control of the Asportal GUI & applications

Philippe.
Zwever

Post by Zwever »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
Zwever wrote:Updated ubuntu in MyHD Management tool to ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Is it the Asustor IR remote Control ? ... and before I suppose you had only partial keys working ? or did you use another R.C. ?

I will run a test (but not before Sunday) with Asustor R.C. to have an idea ... problem is : Asustor don't provide information on its remote receiver in NAS ... so it's difficult to custom it or use an alternate method, generally available for "standard" Linux R.C.

As a temporary (I hope) workaround, you can use from a SmartPhone or Tablet
... Kore (the official Kodi R.C. for smartphone
... Droidmote (Android) works well (require droidmote APKG)
... Vnc client require X_Vnc_server APKG to get full control of the Asportal GUI & applications

Philippe.
Thanks for the quick reply Philippe.

Yes you are right, it is the asustor IR remote. And yes the keys worked only partially.
Also the AiRemote for iOS & Android does not work either.

Going to try the Kore (the official Kodi R.C. for smartphone) workaround as you suggested.

Keep up the good work

Return to “myHD”