[myHD 1.0.2] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

eat your potato
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [myHD 1.0.2] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

Post by eat your potato »

I specially registered to thank you, Kodi was the reason I bought my NAS and you're saving the day.

Had a bit of a trouble getting the HDMI pass-through, working device on my AS6302T was

Code: Select all

hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
I edited the /home/astr/.config/pulse/default.pa file with hw:0,7 and after a restart, I worked.

The only loss is the AiRemote that worked very well on a previous version of ADM. Maybe I can be of help if you need to test something.

Cheers from south of France.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
eat your potato wrote:I specially registered to thank you, Kodi was the reason I bought my NAS and you're saving the day.

Had a bit of a trouble getting the HDMI pass-through, working device on my AS6302T was

Code: Select all

hw:CARD=PCH,DEV=7
    HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1
I edited the /home/astr/.config/pulse/default.pa file with hw:0,7 and after a restart, I worked.

The only loss is the AiRemote that worked very well on a previous version of ADM. Maybe I can be of help if you need to test something.

Cheers from south of France.
Hi from "La Rochelle" ... where I am blocked by French containment at 600 Km of my lab ... (I am French)

A shell script is provide to help you to configure HDMI audio (different for each series) ... but you do it manually .... it's also a good things to understand this point.

I don't manage remote-control APKG no more AIRemote ... because Asustor never send me a response to my questions on technical information (especially how configure R.C as any rc in Linux) and on how it works and how configure it ...
so the subject is pending ...
For the moment ... I suggest you to use a smartphone (or Iphone) with for ex. :
... Kore the specific remote control for Kodi
... droidmote ... to control mouse and keyboard (require an APKG provide by me in the forum)
OR my best choice : "home remote control" for Android ... because it require only a SSH connection ... so no server no APKG (even 100% of the capabilities of H.R.C. can't be used but the most important ... run as well)
... ... it can be used using the SSH server include in the isolated myHD environment (port 6222) with user starting myHD app. (astr for ex. a "standard" Linux user) OR directly in ADM (so also for Asportal) but this require a short script (3 lines) to permit the usage of xdotool and a link in /usr/local/bin for admin or root ssh authorized users.

I suppose (Kore exist) that equivalent software exist on Iphone.

I write a new version with a new approach (myHD replace totally Asportal) ... so perhaps I can call you to help me for some remote (or others tests in a near future)

reserved for French : où êtes vous dans le sud ? est-ce (comme a La Rochelle) moins dur d'être confiné quand le soleil est là ?
Cordialement.

Regards.
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
eat your potato

Post by eat your potato »

Regarding the HDMI output configuration, I had to input the card number with deviceX:Y and maybe X and Y where switched because most of the time the script was displaying "invalid card number". I'll try to check when I have time.

I'm giving a try to Droidmote, works fine except a keyboard layout issue, I'll report in the dedicated topic.

I'm available if you need me to test things (as long as it doesn't brick my nas ;) ) Send-me a private message when you need

[Apartée française] je suis à Cannes donc l'autre sud. Le soleil et la vue sur la nature aide à tenir, et le télétravail occupe la semaine.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I will write shortly on another tool like Droidmote ... it's another solution, but more simple, because it only require a ssh connection
... I will test it in myHD (due to the fact that a specific ssh server exist for internal usage), I will also test it directly in A.D.M. with some script added to workaround limitation.
... I prefer in myHD because myHD accept "basic" user connected ... so without root or admin ... so with more security.

Please stay tuned.

The script for testing audio is IN myHD (so after using "myHD_root" or "myHD_user astr")
/myHD_scripts/bin/test_pulse_Intel_config.sh

This discover all existing hardware sound interface (even not available in the NAS) ... so you must test each and ignore error ... and when sound work (ALSA speaker test) the shell indicate what you have to change in user pulse configuration.

Philippe.
Français : Cannes n'est peut-être pas le pire, sauf en appartement trop petit ou trop occupé, La Rochelle est sympa car avec beaucoup d'espace, donc même en sortie, peu de monde et beaucoup de place pour circuler ... bien que confiné hors mon lieu de résidence et sans l'avoir voulu (j'étais en déplacement pour travaux) ce n'est pas le pire ...
akarali

Post by akarali »

Philippe, big thx for your great work. It really was a life-saver for me & friends who I had encouraged to buy an ASUSTOR. I am really sorry with what happened to your AS50x.
One question: Do you intend to add support for Calibre also? It would be wonderful to be able to manage Calibre in its entirety through your Ubuntu MyHD. I will try to install it from command line; but without the graphical interface of Ubuntu, I don't know what I will be able to achive afterwards.
Zwever

Post by Zwever »

Great to hear you are still working on myHD an kodi :D
I have a problem with my ubuntu update

Please wait until end of command ... to see the result hereafter ....
Apt-get update and dist-upgrade are running ... please WAIT for output (don't leave this page)
PARTIAL output ... use REFRESH at bottom to read more output lines UP TO ===== END OF UPDATE LOG ====

==== START UPDATE LOG =====
Hit:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Hit:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease
Hit:3 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports InRelease
Hit:4 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease
Hit:5 http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Hit:6 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease
Hit:7 http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/unstable/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Reading package lists...
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
===== END OF UPDATE LOG ====

I don't know how to run dpkg manually (where is the command line ?)
Is there a way to fix this ?

Thx

Zwever
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

All command in WebUI can be launched from a terminal (with sometimes more details)
... good idea is to restart myHD ... do :
myHD restart ... wait to end of all messages ...

So please first do :
open a ssh connection with root / your_admin_password ... DON'T use admin but root ... but password is same
when you receive the prompt use myHD command
... type myHD ... to see the full set of command
... to redo the update and see in your get more messages (or if a unattended question is posted ... so not possible to response in WebUI) do :
myHD apt_upgrade_package
... if same error do :
myHD_root ... this command enter in Ubuntu environment as root user (not in Asustor env. but in myHD env.)
... then you can enter command like
dpkg --configure -a
... use exit to quit myHD and return to Asustor env.

Please post here result for analyse ... I don't fall in this problem ...
Philippe.
Zwever

Post by Zwever »

Thx for the fast reply

I got the same error and followed your instructions
myHD_root
... then you can enter command like
dpkg --configure -a
... use exit to quit myHD and return to Asustor env.

root@AS5102T-9171:/volume1/.@root # myHD_root
root@AS5102T-9171:~# dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of dbus:
dbus depends on libdbus-1-3 (= 1.12.2-1ubuntu1.2); however:
Version of libdbus-1-3:amd64 on system is 1.12.2-1ubuntu1.1.

dpkg: error processing package dbus (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent processing triggers for initramfs-tools:
initramfs-tools depends on initramfs-tools-core (= 0.130ubuntu3.9); however:
Version of initramfs-tools-core on system is 0.130ubuntu3.8.

dpkg: error processing package initramfs-tools (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving triggers unprocessed
Errors were encountered while processing:
dbus
initramfs-tools

Then I tried to upgrade ubuntu again
myHD apt_upgrade_package

Did not work
I uninstalled all myHD apps in ADM and all reinstalled myHD

I think this was the problem
Setting up dbus (1.12.2-1ubuntu1.2) ...
A reboot is required to replace the running dbus-daemon.
Please reboot the system when convenient.

Restarted myHD and updated ubuntu again.

I hope this fixed ubuntu
Fingers crossed
Last edited by Zwever on Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

seem that some libraries are not updated during the previous update process
try in myHD_root
apt-get -f install
-f is short for --fix-broken as suggested by updater in output (apt --fix-broken install) ... the two command do the same things.

Philippe.
Zwever

Post by Zwever »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

seem that some libraries are not updated during the previous update process
try in myHD_root
apt-get -f install
-f is short for --fix-broken as suggested by updater in output (apt --fix-broken install) ... the two command do the same things.

Philippe.
Thanks Philippe

It's fixed

Return to “myHD”