[myHD / Kodi17/18, P.M.P, etc.] is it really interesting.

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[myHD / Kodi17/18, P.M.P, etc.] is it really interesting.

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

After some time ... I don't think that people use and understand myHD concept for running new or updated applications on Asportal (very very few experience return or the product is perfect ... Hum! I am sure it's not true :roll: :lol: )
... more prefer APKG for Asportal without intermediate
... others prefer using Linux Center and forgot Asportal
... others use V.M.
... others build their own similar approach ... even not sharing it

I have very few return on the myHD used ... so the question is ... myHD must exist or not ??? because the works need (including discovering how Asustor manage Asportal and Xorg) is very important .. so if it's only for one or two advanced users ... not sure it's always a good idea ?

So the dilemma for me is :
... continue and try to understand the future aspect even if Asustor change kernel and Asportal/Xorg
... stop in this state ... no reason that it stop working ... BUT large risk that it don't works after a kernel or Asportal/Xorg update

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
peterk80

Re: [myHD / Kodi17/18, P.M.P, etc.] is it really interesting.

Post by peterk80 »

Dear Philippe.

I would hate to see you leave. You are the only one that had shown some interest in developing for asustor nas and always quick with support. Without you i would not be enjoying my NAS so much and New version of kodi would not be possible.

But I also understand your dilemma. All your efforts for a few People without even getting feedback is tough. I speak for myself when I say I love the work you have done and i hope I can keep enjoying it even after kernel and Asportal upgrades. If not it's a shame but I have to accept it and say thanks for All your efforts and wish you the best in life.

Greets Peter.
Data_Dan

Post by Data_Dan »

I think the reason for lack of participation is that most users don't know about it. It should have it's own place like the rest of the Apps at the top of the page. I myself didn't know it existed until a few days ago. I haven't had time to try it yet because I've been busy ripping my HD-DVD collection into mkv files. Once that's done I'm definitely gonna install it. I'm not a Linux user but the instructions seem to be straight forward. I don't foresee any problems getting it to work. Please continue to develop it!
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

The dilemma is always OPEN ...

I have absolutely NO experience return or bugs detected ??? I am sure of only ONE things :lol: :roll: ... I have done some coding error and bugs ... so the only possibility is : nobody really want to have this kind of "open" tools :? .

Even if I add new functionalities and applications for my own usage, I am not sure to be enough courageous to do all the works need to share a clean (as possible) APKG.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “myHD”