[myHD 0.9.4 R.C.4] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc. on Ubuntu 1604/1804

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.
father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [myHD 0.9.1 R.C.1] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
peterk80 wrote:
OK. So it isn't simple, I understand now. Whats the best way to ask those Things from asustor? Do you think it's
worth the trouble? Does asustor really listens to Feature requests?
I hope and I think they do ...
You can also add some P.M. or email from the forum to some registered members from Asustor (to have a direct contact) members are in Red

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
ksergey2012

Post by ksergey2012 »

Dear Father.mande! Tell me, how to manage Kodi server? I successfully installed myHD, added a library of files via WebUI, connected a TV using an HDMI, and then what? I do not have a control panel for NAS. I installed the program "Kore, Official Remote for Kodi" on my phone, but the Kodi server is not visible, either automatically or manually. Dear Father.mande, could you describe in detail the settings that need to be specified in the mobile application? And yet, is there any Windows client to manage the Kodi server? Thanks in advance for the answer!
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
ksergey2012 wrote:Dear Father.mande! Tell me, how to manage Kodi server? I successfully installed myHD, added a library of files via WebUI, connected a TV using an HDMI, and then what? I do not have a control panel for NAS. I installed the program "Kore, Official Remote for Kodi" on my phone, but the Kodi server is not visible, either automatically or manually. Dear Father.mande, could you describe in detail the settings that need to be specified in the mobile application? And yet, is there any Windows client to manage the Kodi server? Thanks in advance for the answer!
Not sure I understand
... you have installed myHD OK
... you have access to the myHD webui management ? (it's why you said when you write "added a library of files via WebUI" or it's in Kodi ??
... you have installed MH-kodi18 APKG ? ... so have the Kodi 18 icon on Asportal

If you are here and if Kodi start when you click on asportal "kodi" icon .. to have external remote command (web, Kore, etc.) you must do usual manage it in the Kodi menu settings / control
... select a name for your server a
... select an I.P. PORT NOT USED by A.D.M. (8080 is generally a bad choice used by lot of applications) EVEN this require you change the target port in Kore or remote control client (Web for ex.) ... I always personalize my A.D.M. Web ports, so I don't remember if Asustor use the 8080.
... secure if need
... authorize remote control from other system
... apply : "allow remote control via HTTP"

It's all just keep in memory the port you decide to used.

Please confirm or explain what exactly you do (or want to do)

Philippe.
ksergey2012

Post by ksergey2012 »

Dear Father.mande! Look in the archive that I attach, screenshots of the screen. And also, I noticed that when updating the icons in Asustor Portal, which is currently displayed on Asustor Portal, nothing changes, as was the display of Asustor Portal and it remains. But on the TV the picture of the original screen is changing. But how to set up a mobile application on your phone - I won’t attach my mind! Nothing works, ports changed, tried and with a password and without, nothing works. Dear Father.mande, please tell me, and in the settings of the Kodi-server, is there a function to enable DLNA? To TVs contacted the server by air, and not by the lace? And then maybe I'm in vain, I suffer with the installation of this server. Thanks in advance for the answer! Link to the archive, with screenshots: https://yadi.sk/d/eZU-2g4BC-zJEQ
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

NO chance to run Kore or any client tools using 6222 the myHD SSH port (screenshot of Kore menu)
You must used the port you choice in Kodi settings / control menu

Kodi server is an HTTP server internal to Kodi for external control like Kore

ALL of this are Kodi relative NOT myHD ... if I can support myHD I can't support helping in Kodi (I am a simple user) but lot of help exist (first Kodi wiki) ... just search help on the Web considering that Kodi18 runing on this NAS is the 100% ubuntu 16.04 LTS version
AND it's the same for all others software in myHD ... I can help only based on my small user experience.

NB WebUI is only to replace (partially) the A.D.M. command line interface for the motor ONLY (myHD APKG) so NOT changed for the applications itself (just to list myHD associated MH-xxxx applications)
Philippe.
ksergey2012

Post by ksergey2012 »

Dear Father.mande! How can I choose a port in the settings if I can’t access these settings?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
ksergey2012 wrote:Dear Father.mande! How can I choose a port in the settings if I can’t access these settings?
1 ... if it's to access the menu : use a keyboard or mouse (mouse can be enough) and a monitor for the time to configure (NONE of the application supported by myHD can really used with mouse & keyboard (local or remote)
2 ... or you can use Xvnc-server APKG to get the hand from any Vnc client ... so have the screen and keyboard / mouse on your desktop very useful for configuration (not for playing) ALL video and screen capture I provide on myHD for ex. are done using a vnc client on a windows PC
3 ... you can use a generic remote control (server / client) like Droidmote server on Asustor (APKG exist) and client in your phone or tablet and use it to walk in the menu.
4 ... at end go to the Kodi wiki to get the small directives requiring to be modified in the kodi configuration file guisettings.xml ... and change it manually using a terminal with the risk to break your configuration, be prudent
5 ... if it's to understand how-to configure kodi ... hereafter

Hum! why did you NOT just ask the web and go to Kodi wiki ???
... and if you want that other Kodi users help you, first post in MH-kodi18 topic NOT here because is for NOTHING attached to myHD itself and it's installation.

I can't (and don't) want to provide basic how-to on Kodi when TONS of help exist in all language in the Web ... and when Kodi wiki is clear, easy and understandable

here a link for Kore where ALSO config in Kodi is explain (even for an old version but menu always exist) :
https://androidpcreview.com/how-to-setu ... di-remote/
here the link in Kodi wiki :
https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Services/Control so with the last menu

With addons ,thousand of solutions and configurations exist for and in Kodi ... so, please, reserve some time to study the software, discuss with Kodi expert in Kodi forum : https://forum.kodi.tv/ (90% of responses are immediately available), test by yourself ... and ONLY if you think that problem is not for Kodi but perhaps from A.D.M. / Xorg / Video Acceleration / Asportal /myHD finish here in this forum BUT better in the correct topic.
People interested by kodi18 MH-kodi18 APKG certainly read post about MH-kodi18 and not all post about the engine myHD. that support Plex Media Player and other software than only Kodi

Philippe.
joethelion

Post by joethelion »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
joethelion wrote: Thank you! I managed to pass that step and actually installed myHD, but I think I couldn`t mount the media folder. Kodi opens and everything but I can`t find my files :(
As explain in post and video ... by security myHD is isolated, so can't access any data in your NAS up you decide yourself to authorize myHD to access it.
Adding folder (in fact shared resources)is done in two (2) step
1 ... define folder ( /share/XXXX ) to add
2 ... restart myHD to apply

To define folder you can use WebUI or terminal mode
WebUI
use the BLUE menu "GO to visible shared Mngt."
then Black menu "Add shared folder visible by myHD"
... a list of all your folder is displayed select one then click on ADDING button
... ... you get the status return (WebUI is BETA, so for ex. a share already define is accepted BUT when you click ADDING ... return is : refused already added
... to have the list use "List visible shared resources"

When it's done restart myHD

Terminal (in a root / your_password SSH session use :
myHD add_include_folder [MOUNT_FOLDER_PATH_IN_myHD] ex. : myHD add_include_folder /share/Media
to list :
myHD list_include_folder

then restart :
myHD restart

Information exist, but all my message are in the common flow (not grouped) ... so search is require

Philippe.

Thanks a lot, I will try it!
peterk80

Post by peterk80 »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
peterk80 wrote:
OK. So it isn't simple, I understand now. Whats the best way to ask those Things from asustor? Do you think it's
worth the trouble? Does asustor really listens to Feature requests?
I hope and I think they do ...
You can also add some P.M. or email from the forum to some registered members from Asustor (to have a direct contact) members are in Red

Philippe.
I've asked in the feature request area if asustor will upstream the kernel to 4.15. . I hope somebody reacts. I'm not a programmer, only an linux enthusiast. So if i get technical questions i most likely can't answer them. Maybe if you find the time and you want to put the effort in you can jump in and ask the things you need from them. But i think asustor will be reluctant to provide them when we say its for myHD don't you think?

Greets Peter.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
peterk80 wrote: I've asked in the feature request area if asustor will upstream the kernel to 4.15. . I hope somebody reacts. I'm not a programmer, only an linux enthusiast. So if i get technical questions i most likely can't answer them. Maybe if you find the time and you want to put the effort in you can jump in and ask the things you need from them. But i think asustor will be reluctant to provide them when we say its for myHD don't you think?
Greets Peter.
The first target for myHD is to propose an easy update solution for graphic tools (even some can't be "acknowledge" by Asustor)
... for ex. the Last Plex media Player, Chrome with last HTML5 viewer, etc.
... with myHD toy can use a single command to :
... ... upgrade (even low level libraries) to support new functionalities ... upgrade immediately security libraries
... ... so it's for security "just in time" without waiting A.D.M. update for ex.
etc.

So the first target is NOT to run some specific software ... but o have a larger targets for new application

So I have asked also some point (but I don't have any value in Asustor, just a user like you ... ) it's for ex. :
... upgrade the kernel (as you do) also to support new hardware
... update Xorg but especially libva (video acceleration) actually 1.7.x when new libraries are at 2.x (so require a minimum of 1.8.3 to be compatible with oldest and newest request from application
... ... ex. it's the only point that stop myHD to run Ubuntu 18.04 in place of 16.04 actual
... urgent update of aswm (asportal windows manager) based on a too limited W.M. : evilwm
... ... this can solve multi-tasking, real windows mode ... for a better desktop like mode for users using NAS as a limited but true Desktop (with or without task-bar , an option)
... solving this can permit also to run in multi-user mode, so for ex. with a version limited for kids or visitors and full for yourself

For specific applications ...
... this can open some "doors" increase performances et permit a "long" time support.

just to wait and hope from Asustor. :mrgreen: :lol:

Philippe.

Return to “myHD”