[myHD 2.1 update] add on or replacement for Asportal

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [myHD 2.0.3] add on or replacement for Asportal

Post by father.mande »

Hi Geo,

I have add a lot of control il myHD 2.x and some of them prevent a normal usage in specific case not tested as your ... apologize (again)
I am in travel, but I have destroy one install to build a situation more near your own ...
... I can propose you this solution as first approach and a second in case of ... but with more works.

Solution 1 :
... use a ssh terminal as root / your_admin_pasword (again use root NOT and NEVER admin)
... stop myHD but I think it's already done
cd /usr/local/.myHD
# extract Ubuntu 2004
tar xzf ../AppCentral/myHD/Delivery/myHD_delivery_2004.tgz
# extract Ubuntu 2004 scripts
tar xzf ../AppCentral/myHD/Delivery/myHD_2004_delivery_scripts.tgz
# rename folder for the new structure
mv myHD_2004_scripts myHD_scripts
# create a link for the "old" approach (compatibility)
ln -s myHD_scripts myHD_2004_scripts
# get back your home settings et create link (compatibility)
mv myHD_1804_home myHD_home
ln -s myHD_home myHD_1804_home
ln -s myHD_home myHD_2004_home

Now you can start myHD : myHD start

Solution 2:
... get AGAIN the myHD 2.0.3 file (corrected) use same URL
# remove myHD (v2) APKG
# save your actual .myHD
mv /usr/local/.myHD /usr/local/.save_myHD
# install myHD 2.0.3 from new file provide (as fresh install)
... some delay to create new Ubuntu env. and restart myHD
... stop myHD (please wait end of install and restart (look /tmp/start_myHD.log or use myHD status)
# myHD is stopped ...
cd /usr/local/.myHD
# save before deleting empty home
mv myHD_home myHD_home.prev
# mv back your home
mv ../.save_myHD/myHD_1804_home myHD_home

restart myHD

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Geo

Post by Geo »

Hi,

The first solution worked. Thank you :D
It remains to be seen if there is cleaning to be done in the directories and files? (not urgent)

Regards
Geo
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi Geo,
Geo wrote:Hi,
The first solution worked. Thank you :D
It remains to be seen if there is cleaning to be done in the directories and files? (not urgent)
Regards
Geo
Phew! ...
Try what you want to test, and when you are sure to don't use anymore 1804 ... you can clean the .save_myHD folder

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

myHD can be fully configured using myHD command in a terminal connected as root/your_admin_password

the WebUI is for now the (limited) old one (myHD v1.x) and require to have the Webserver up and configured ...
... so install the Web Server (httpd-2.4.43 APKG) and configure it (default is correct)

When it's done ... unfortunately, Asustor forgot to configure some modules used in security login, this is done automatically by myHD at boot if necessary ...
... so if after setting up web server, myHD WebUI don't work ... you need to use one solution here after
1 ... reboot
OR
2 ... use the command myHD restart_rebuilt (in a terminal as root/your_admin_password) ...that redo the update and configuration normally need at boot.

In a near (I hope) future, I will provide an interface using scriptserver APKG ... so not dependent of Asustor delivery., before ADM 4.x web server was in ADM so don't require this added configuration step

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Philippe.
maineiac13

Post by maineiac13 »

Hi, I am new to this platform and appreciate your development.

Here is what I have done so far. I installed the myHD2.0.3 app. Then I clicked on the icon and received the notification that I needed to sign in to access this site. I tried various permutations of username and password...but none work.

I noticed that you suggested using a terminal. So I went there and used root as the login and my admin password and I got access there. But I still don't seem to understand what the next step is. In your just listed comment, you talk about installing a particular webserver...is that different from the one that is installed already by Asustor...which is the one I am trying to log into but cannot?

Sorry...but still very confused about my next step.

Thanks for any help,
Ken
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Credentials for myHD webUI is : myhd / asusfr1 (it's in announcementpost)

you can change it using myHD command line tool
command available are display using myHD help_webui

WebUI is incomplete (because not changed from myHD 1.x) ... the complete interface is from command line : myHD , I work on a new WebUI, but not yet available at this time.

Philippe.
maineiac13

Post by maineiac13 »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

Credentials for myHD webUI is : myhd / asusfr1 (it's in announcementpost)

Thanks for the reply. I had tried that yesterday, but with no result. I rebooted everything today and it worked!!!!

Ken
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
maineiac13 wrote: Thanks for the reply. I had tried that yesterday, but with no result. I rebooted everything today and it worked!!!!
Ken
Thanks, ... I have to check if Apache is correctly restarted after applying require change ... in myHD, thanks for the return, this help to identify problems.

Philippe.
noiden

Post by noiden »

This is awesome! Really nice work.

I do have a problem, I don't get any icons for the "MHI-apps", I have installed for example "MHI-netflix", but I don't get any icons on the desktop.
What should I do to add them to the desktop?

For now I'm running without idesk, because the "MH-apps" are working thorough the Asustor Portal.

Thanks.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
noiden wrote:This is awesome! Really nice work.
I do have a problem, I don't get any icons for the "MHI-apps", I have installed for example "MHI-netflix", but I don't get any icons on the desktop.
What should I do to add them to the desktop?
For now I'm running without idesk, because the "MH-apps" are working thorough the Asustor Portal.
Thanks.
MHI-xxxx.apk are ONLY for Idesk (the I after MH), so you must use MH-xxx.apk for Asportal mode (without the I after MH)
... NOT all applications are available in Asportal mode, due to the low functionalities of the hidden windows manager (evilwm) in Asportal

BUT netflix (for myHD/asportal) exist (I have not tested it perhaps some option needed to be changed for Chrome) sorry for don't test all, I will focus on Idesk and LOT of new applications under a real windows manager.

the apk is in the forum somewhere perhaps in announcement post (I am not in my lab ... I have broke my PC and rebuild it) BUT I think you can install it using the web interface that load from my App. Store (MH-netflix_1.0_x86-64.apk) ... if you have problem, I will put an URL here just be patient.

Philippe.

Return to “myHD”