[myHD 1.0.2] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [myHD 1.0.2] Application server for Kodi, Plex, etc.

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Geo wrote:Hi,
I try to understand all posts. Is MyHD 1.0.2 compatible with ADM 4? (with some simple workaround? for a beginner).
Even if there is MyHD 2 in beta, will there be a summary of the additional steps to be done to make MyHD 1.02 work with ADM 4?
Thanks
I don't do it myself ... seems it's only replacing tmux provide by myHD 1.x with tmux for ADM 4.x
this is obsolete with myHD 2.x that don't use tmux (even always present for non regression)
file to be replaced is : /usr/local/AppCentral/myHD/bin/tmux
new tmux can be get using tmux APKG (AppCentral ?) or Entware APKG with tmux installed (opkg install tmux)
for tmux APKG it's simple (also for the second) :
cp /usr/local/AppCentral/tmux/bin/tmux /usr/local/AppCentral/myHD/bin/tmux
or for Entware choice :
cp /opt/bin/tmux /usr/local/AppCentral/myHD/bin/tmux

BUT not sure it's enough ... myHD 2.x is build for A.D.M. 4.x and propose a new namespace environment with systemd service launcher ... so don't use anymore tmux ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

My experience is that replacing tmux as described above works. I used the tmux from App Central.

Also, as per my previous posts, there is another fix required if you find the output is not working when the tv is turned off, then on again... simple solution is to restart the App, but if this becomes an annoyance, the post I put previously does provide a fix.

BUT... my experience also says using myHD 2 is the BEST option. this works great and has much "newer" build allowing more kodi updates.
if you are worried about it being "Beta"... in my opinion a Beta app by father.mande is far more stable than anything you'll ever find in the apple/google stores :)
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
Geo

Post by Geo »

father.mande wrote:Hi,
Geo wrote:Hi,
I try to understand all posts. Is MyHD 1.0.2 compatible with ADM 4? (with some simple workaround? for a beginner).
Even if there is MyHD 2 in beta, will there be a summary of the additional steps to be done to make MyHD 1.02 work with ADM 4?
Thanks
I don't do it myself ... seems it's only replacing tmux provide by myHD 1.x with tmux for ADM 4.x
this is obsolete with myHD 2.x that don't use tmux (even always present for non regression)
file to be replaced is : /usr/local/AppCentral/myHD/bin/tmux
new tmux can be get using tmux APKG (AppCentral ?) or Entware APKG with tmux installed (opkg install tmux)
for tmux APKG it's simple (also for the second) :
cp /usr/local/AppCentral/tmux/bin/tmux /usr/local/AppCentral/myHD/bin/tmux
or for Entware choice :
cp /opt/bin/tmux /usr/local/AppCentral/myHD/bin/tmux

BUT not sure it's enough ... myHD 2.x is build for A.D.M. 4.x and propose a new namespace environment with systemd service launcher ... so don't use anymore tmux ...

Philippe.
Thanks Philippe,and a big thank you for sharing your development
Geo

Post by Geo »

clinton.hall wrote:My experience is that replacing tmux as described above works. I used the tmux from App Central.

Also, as per my previous posts, there is another fix required if you find the output is not working when the tv is turned off, then on again... simple solution is to restart the App, but if this becomes an annoyance, the post I put previously does provide a fix.

BUT... my experience also says using myHD 2 is the BEST option. this works great and has much "newer" build allowing more kodi updates.
if you are worried about it being "Beta"... in my opinion a Beta app by father.mande is far more stable than anything you'll ever find in the apple/google stores :)

Thanks clinton.hall for sharing your feedback
mudplug

Post by mudplug »

OK I'm really stuck here, I've installed myHD but when I open it I get this
2021-12-10 21_28_34-My_APKG_Mgr.png
2021-12-10 21_28_34-My_APKG_Mgr.png (18.02 KiB) Viewed 9538 times
, what now, what am I missing, please??
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

myHD 1.x after install start to download Ubuntu from my own web storage ...

So be sure to have a correct access to internet ... a log file or download is created in tmp folder : /tmp/download_myHD.log (in WebUI try refresh during some time files are large.
Also a shell is provide to download file separately (to get problem) , stop myHD then run shell, then restart myHD
this is in "detailed installation procedure" section in this post : https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php ... =90#p33423
Philippe.

NB it's not the same with myHD 2.x because Ubuntu is inside the apk file for simplicity (even apk is now big ~1GB)
mudplug

Post by mudplug »

Sorry just realized I posted on the wrong page, yes its myHD 2.x

Sorry, what do you mean by "correct" access to the internet?

Dont have the log file in the tmp folder.
2021-12-13 19_14_29-Shell In A Box.png
2021-12-13 19_14_29-Shell In A Box.png (13.2 KiB) Viewed 9493 times
Thanks
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Log file is : /tmp/start_myHD.log as in your /tmp folder ... please analyse it for error.

bad sentence ... correct is for working access to internet ... but not require for myHD 2.x because Ubuntu is inside the APK

please reopen a topic for myHD 2 ... 1 and 2 don't have same approach (even it's same target)
Philippe.

Return to “myHD”