[myHD 2.1 update] add on or replacement for Asportal

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[myHD 2.1 update] add on or replacement for Asportal

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

==== I am please to announce the availability of new myHD 2.1
==== Update is possible (even read how to save actual environment)
==== A specific file for update from myHD 2.0+ is available (reduce size and install time) ... look at download section
==== Fresh install (and update) DON'T require to download external files all is included in the APKG

***** Know problem : Linux Center don't share correctly HDMI screen and even myHD run as well stop display and eventually display a Debian login screen
***** ticket is open please to use myHD deactivate each Debian in Linux Center then disable L.C. in admin Webui, then reboot (resources are not release correctly by L.C.)

F.Y.I myHD is also a Linux Center but limited to Ubuntu 20.04 L.T.S.
myHD2.1 click to enlarge
myHD2.1 click to enlarge
myHD2_1.png (584.15 KiB) Viewed 9071 times
CLICK in IMAGE to ENLARGE

[News]
2.1 ... this version have been proposed to Asustor as a Beta for AppCentral
... correct lots of bugs (so sorry)
... set Idesk at install if Asportal is not installed
... Add possibility to set CRON (job starting at some date) for update of Ubuntu with reboot, this is to have always last lib, programs and applications.
... Add support for new WebUI interface : WebUIformyHD APKG (based on script-server)
... ... separate APKG so each choice between the full command line management and the WebUI (same myHD command arguments)
... add a HELP button on screen (in the reserved top line
... correct lots of bugs (so sorry)
... Add for Idesk (Asportal replacement)
... ... clipboard (cut & paste from any Application) with history
... ... support Webcam (U.V.C.) and USB sound card with pulseaudio increase support (this solve Asustor problem when loading uvcvideo module)
... ... extend pulseaudio support via systray
... ... extend conceptual menu
... ... create direct URL -Chrome) icon on Idesk without programming.
... ... add background menu (extend Openbox) by adding restart of Idesk and run command (with history) choice (like in windows run choice)

2.0 Initial release
... offer support for Ubuntu 20.04 L.TS. as core engine
... manage a FULL desktop (asportal) replacement ... Idesk PLEASE READ HERE AFTER section like mouse usage ...
... ... add Openbox as windows manager with all config tool to personalize
... ... add systray (tint2) with all config tool to personalize
... ... add multi-task support
... ... add windows mode, so multi-windows open
... ... add management of Idesk icon AS YOU LIKE ... only first line is reserved for permanent stuff
... ... multiple desktop (3 as delivery) up to 10, each desktop can manage 28 Icons
... ... manage icon launcher (move, duplicate in ither desktop, etc.)
... ... ALL is native (no need of Containers (docker), no need of Linux Center) ... namespace (for security) is managed with native Linux tools.
... ... offer a transparent mode to launch installed Asportal APKG (take care, some Asportal script use killall and can kill myHD part (but easily relaunch using myHD command)).
... ... support any keyboard layout and language supported by Ubuntu (internal like Firefox) or using the internationalization (LANG variable).
... ... Idesk can be personalized (double click speed, mouse button for action, background ONLY the snap size and position can't be changed.
... ... AUTORUN at start_up for Idesk exist (not linked to Asportal autorun)
... RETURN to Asportal is possible ... stop myHD or use myHD unset_use_idesk ... it's all and build is open to use a desktop manager in place of idesk (like Xfce) ... but be patient under validation and it's complex.

[Requirement]
... keyboard and mouse (mouse only can be used if no entry is need
... ... BUT support Android (IOS ?) remote control ... generic : "home remote control" (ssh only) "Droidmote" using server APKG
... ... support VNC connection (for full control) Vnc_Server APKG and share mouse keyboard tools like barrier ... etc.
... A.D.M. 4.x is preferred (and my own tests will be done only on this level)

... terminal can be a plus for debug ... in other case all is managed or directly from the screen or by myHD command (command have been regrouped by section to limit the search) A web interface for myHD is under development based on ScriptServer APKG as engine.

[Install]
FRESH :
just install APKG ... Ubuntu 20.04 is set, Asportal mode is on and "systemd init" is used in place of bash (previous version)
... using systemd init, permit to be as near as possible of a "normal" Ubuntu start mechanism.
THEN change keyboard layout if need :
myHD set_new_keyboard_layout LAYOUT [VARIANT] (example: fr latin9) a list of valid layout and variant for Ubuntu can be retrieve on the Web or ask me.
THEN do an update to get the last update versions (Ubuntu have frequent update ... internal update is a thing to do regularly. :
myHD apt_upgrade_package
THEN (to get more applications not running with Asportal), switch to idesk :
myHD set_use_idesk
... ... Asportal is disabled and modified to can't be restarted, idesk is installed, and myHD restart to get the new desktop
... ... screen now have two icons (Asustor to go to ADM administration) Chrome (last stable version) and next and prev icons to change desktop from 0 to 1 then to 2 and return
UPDATE:
just install APKG ... this force using systemd init and stop using tmux to speak with myHD namespace but use direct access.
THEN switch to iuse Ubuntu 20.04 :
myHD switch_ubuntu_env 2004 ... all your personal settings (Home) are keep.
... then move to Idesk as describe here before
IF YOU STAY USING Asportal :
... remove Plex media player for 18/04 and install pmp for 20.04
... if you use kodi ... verify that addons are working or reinstall it
==== IMPORTANT always run : myHD apt_upgrade_package regularely AND before install MHI-xxxx APKG to be sure to have the last security and applications update
==== IF update seem to be large, don't hesitate, after to restart myHD : myHD restart [idesk] ... idesk ask to don't enable asportal after the myHD stop.

[myHD HELP]
... unfortunately myHD is complex, even only very limited command can be used in real life.
... up to ScriptServer interface will be created, the command line is to be use
... the help is divide per usage
myHD (without arg. for generic help)
... args for help use format : help_xxx and are listed with myHD without args.

Code: Select all

# myHD
HELP additional parts :
myHD help_full ... ALL help to see ALL options for myHD
myHD help_idesk ... manage Idesk replacement for Asportal
myHD help_autorun_utilities ... set autorun and change some parameters
myHD help_webui ... manage Webui language, etc.
myHD help_share ... manage A.D.M. share visible and available for myHD
myHD help_backup ... to manage backup of the Ubuntu env.
myHD help_uninstall_rebuild ... DANGEROUS but interesting ex; uninstall myHD and all companions
[Idesk Mouse configuration]

table Actions
  Lock: control right doubleClk
  Reload: middle doubleClk
  Drag: left hold
  EndDrag: left singleClk
  Execute[0]: left doubleClk
  Execute[1]: right singleClk
end
This is the default (my) configuration all are include in myHD for astr user in a file name .ideskrc
TAKE CARE to don't change somethings if you are not sure of what you do.
... in case of left doubleclk is too low or to speed for you ... change in .ideskrc the value : ClickDelay: 500 (in milisecond)
... ... just know that left doubleClk can be replaced by "rigth singleClk" ... then select execute in the popup menu also used for suppress or move icon to another desktop
... Top applications have different menu for the right singleClk
... ... ex. on next pr previous icon : click right singleClk or left doublelk have same effect ... move to next or previous desktop
... ... left click on top icon permit to manage icon for installed MHI-xxx APKG (only appear one time in one desktop)

[Idesk launcher APKG creation]
... to help all ... I have put on github the myHD_apkg tool to create easily with a minimum of works APKG to install application (Ubuntu repository, .deb or AppImage) this require a square icon, a config file and some adaptation based on shell script (or not for AppImage or simple icon associated to an URL.
... my base APKG are inside as example :
... ... Calibre as AppImage, Netflix etc. as Chrome application (support VA-API), firefox, an URL sample for direct access to Asustor support, etc. etc.
... documentation is in works directly on github
https://github.com/father-mande/myHD_apkg ... feel free to clone and propose any improvement

[Download]
2.1 Fresh or Update (any myHD): https://www.father-mande.ovh/A/apkg/myHD_2.1_x86-64.apk
2.1 Update for 2.0+ NOT and NEVER for myHD 1.x update : https://www.father-mande.ovh/A/apkg/myH ... x86-64.apk (NO FRESH install possible)
WebUI for myHD (require myHD 2.1 & scriptserver (AppCentral)) https://www.father-mande.ovh/A/apkg/Web ... x86-64.apk

Archive BETA 2.0 ... https://www.father-mande.ovh/A/apkg/myH ... x86-64.apk

[Download Applications]
... PREFIX each APKG using https://www.father-mande.ovh/A/apkg/ (or use internal myHD get application ...
netflix MHI-netflix_1.1_x86-64.apk (use Chrome with VA-API on)
spotify MHI-spotify_1.1_x86-64.apk (use Chrome)
kodi MHI-kodi_1.1_x86-64.apk stable so Kodi 19 all Ubuntu delivered binaries extension can be installed
firefox MHI-firefox_1.1_x86-64.apk with ALL locales
molotov-A MHI-molotov-A_1.1_x86-64.apk ATTENTION Molotov (French TV) don't use video acceleration, so can be not the always fluid on old CPU (serie 52 for ex.) if other App. run
youtube MHI-youtube_1.1_x86-64.apk (use Chrome with VA-API on)
skype MHI-skype_1.1_x86-64.apk ... due to an Asustor error during load of uvcvideo modules (ticket open) don't use it except for text.
calibre-A MHI-calibre-A_1.1_x86-64.apk (AppImage) multi-task multi-windows permit a full usage of Calibre
support MHI-support_1.1_x86-64.apk URL to Asustor support (it's an example not a real things)
MH-test MHI-MH-test_1.1_x86-64.apk Example of using Asportal Application (MH-test) directly from Idesk (to be used with attention, better ask me)
primevideo MHI-primevideo_1.1_x86-64.apk Amazon prime video chrome browser
stremio MHI-stremio-A_1.1_x86-64.apk AppImage of last stremio

Other App. arrive soon ... Amazon video, vlc, etc. for ex.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
father.mande

Re: [myHD 2.0 BETA] add on or replacement for Asportal

Post by father.mande »

Hi clinton Hall,

Just move posts to MHI-kodi discussion : https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=12394

even part is for install, I will try to copy back your message ... for install discussion.

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Message part on install from Clinton Hall ... Kodi part moved to MHI-kodi discussion topics.
clinton.hall wrote:Philippe, merci mon ami.

In my case, the upgrade didn't work. To start with it appears MH_kodi didn't stop correctly, and myHD didn't stop. so there were hung processes and no 2004 distro got installed. I will add that I had previously made a few "tweaks" at various points, so this was probably something I had changed that caused issues.

By killing the hung processes, uninstalling, and removing .myHD I was able to (clean) install ok.

Installing MHI-kodi_1.1_x86-64.apk via App Center hung twice, but I was able to install successfully using

myHD install_App_from_store MHI-kodi 1.1
I am now rebuilding all of my kodi config and library, but at least the TV remote is working to control everything in kodi :D

Is there a way to set kodi to auto-start on system start (or even on myHD start)? By default I would like kodi to be on, and controlled by tv remote, and then go to mouse/keyboard to access other apps only when exiting from kodi.
Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
====== URGENT AppCentral install problem.

I confirm the problem using AppCentral for installing some MHI-xxxx (kodi for ex.) application
... this is not true on AS5002T but true on AS5202T
problem :
1 seem that kodi install not end ... please wait and for ex. do a ps -eaf | grep MHI ... if install.sh is running ... it's just a little long due to update/upgrade of Ubuntu 20.04
... doing it before : myHD apt_upgrade_package ... reduce the install time
IF install is not running and MHI-xxx is stopped, have a look to AppCentral & system log ... error are displayed, BUT AppCentral don't refresh screen and refuse to close (x) the running install
IT'S A FALSE ERROR ... just exit from APppCentral and re-open ... MHI-xxx blocked are cleared.

2 The problem starting MHI-xxx with error like : myHD is not running and Idesk is not set ... seem due to the method used by AppCentral to run pre-install and post-install shell
... it's reason that starting install manually (apkg --install file.apk or using myHD install_App_from_store works because the shell environment is correct.
I will open a ticket
For the moment I have change my pre-install procedure, so just wait I will update the MHI-xxxx (all in case of) to solve install from AppCentral.

Philippe.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Add MHI-primevideo APKG

Philippe.
yabba234

[myHD 2.0 BETA] add on or replacement for Asportal

Post by yabba234 »

Thank’s father_madre for your job !!
Sily question: I can’t log in terminal to ubuntu 20.04 from myHD - is password for astr user is differend like admin ?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Asustor 6602T with 2TB IronWolf and 2x 16GB ssd cashe Optane, backup external drive 8TB + 1TB, Synology RT1900,UPS ACP500, Razer Balde Base 2020, Iphone X
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
yabba234 wrote: Sily question: I can’t log in terminal to ubuntu 20.04 from myHD - is password for astr user is differend like admin ?
Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
As in myHD 1.x the default password is asusfr1 (to be changed)
... access without password can be done using myHD_root and myHD_astr from a an ADM terminal under root /your_admin_password
... password is require for direct access ... ssh to NAS I.P. port 6222 (if you don't change it)
... ... myHD ssh port is NOT forwarded for external access ... do it yourself (and change port for security : myHD set_sshd_port PORT (port is not tested, so select it with care))

Philippe.
AMGIKT

Post by AMGIKT »

Hi.
Password admin and asusfr1 doesn't work.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
AMGIKT wrote:Hi.
Password admin and asusfr1 doesn't work.
Hum! perhaps astr don't have a password ??? what connection did you use ?
have you try to open a ssh connection to the NAS with root (NOT admin) / your_adlmin_password
then use myHD_root (enter in Ubuntu as root) or myHD_astr same for astr user ??? THIS TWO possibilities to enter in Ubuntu don't request any password, so with myHD_root, you can change password for root and for any user.

in A.D.M. you can use also myHD_ssh_root and myHD_ssh_user ... same enter in Ubuntu but using ssh and WITHOUT password, because the keys are exchanged during myHD start.

the difference between the ssh and the "normal" namespace entry is that ssh have a tty when the other don't have (in 99% not a problem) and a workaround is provide..

Please provide me a step by step of what you do, thanks to help us to ameliorate this Beta.

Philippe.
AMGIKT

Post by AMGIKT »

I am trying to connect using Asportal.
Device AS5202T.
For the first time after installation, at screen Dedian.
I entered with password admin/admin.
After shutdown, I can not enter.
I myHD astr user

Return to “myHD”