[myHD 2.x] MHI-kodi ... ... discussion

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

clinton.hall
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [myHD 2.0 BETA] add on or replacement for Asportal

Post by clinton.hall »

Philippe, merci mon ami.

I have just installed and this appears to fix some bugs I had on my AS5202T (particularly 1 issue where CEC adapter kept dropping out rendering the remote worthless).

In my case, the upgrade didn't work. To start with it appears MH_kodi didn't stop correctly, and myHD didn't stop. so there were hung processes and no 2004 distro got installed. I will add that I had previously made a few "tweaks" at various points, so this was probably something I had changed that caused issues.

By killing the hung processes, uninstalling, and removing .myHD I was able to (clean) install ok.

Installing MHI-kodi_1.1_x86-64.apk via App Center hung twice, but I was able to install successfully using

Code: Select all

myHD install_App_from_store MHI-kodi 1.1
I am now rebuilding all of my kodi config and library, but at least the TV remote is working to control everything in kodi :D

Is there a way to set kodi to auto-start on system start (or even on myHD start)? By default I would like kodi to be on, and controlled by tv remote, and then go to mouse/keyboard to access other apps only when exiting from kodi.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
father.mande

Re: [myHD 2.0 BETA] add on or replacement for Asportal

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
clinton.hall wrote:Philippe, merci mon ami.

I have just installed and this appears to fix some bugs I had on my AS5202T (particularly 1 issue where CEC adapter kept dropping out rendering the remote worthless).

In my case, the upgrade didn't work. To start with it appears MH_kodi didn't stop correctly, and myHD didn't stop. so there were hung processes and no 2004 distro got installed. I will add that I had previously made a few "tweaks" at various points, so this was probably something I had changed that caused issues.

By killing the hung processes, uninstalling, and removing .myHD I was able to (clean) install ok.

Installing MHI-kodi_1.1_x86-64.apk via App Center hung twice, but I was able to install successfully using

Code: Select all

myHD install_App_from_store MHI-kodi 1.1
I am now rebuilding all of my kodi config and library, but at least the TV remote is working to control everything in kodi :D

Is there a way to set kodi to auto-start on system start (or even on myHD start)? By default I would like kodi to be on, and controlled by tv remote, and then go to mouse/keyboard to access other apps only when exiting from kodi.
1 : can you explain me what is the error for updating, I have move my 2 x86_64 NAS (old AS5002T and new AS5202T) to A.D.M. 4.x and just try one time the update ?? update it's normally only 2 things, one install the 2004 folder in /usr/local/.myHD then switch version to used to 2004 ... so if you have more information, please send it to me.

2 what is the error when you try to install MHI-kodi from AppCentral ??? because "myHD install_App_from_store MHI-kodi 1.1" just call apkg as AppCentral ... I will check again.
... did you have some message in systemlog ? and have a look to /tmp/MHI-kodi_install.log

3 yes autostart is now include ...
use : myHD set_my_autorun MHI-kodi if Idesk is active the autorun is managed at end of myHD start when Idesk (openbox) start
this is in myHD help_autorun_utilities , I have separate help in multiple part due to the large number of command available.

At end I open new topics for discuss about MHI-xxx Application.
In all case, lot of thanks for your help, if you imagine the work done by Asustor to have Asportal, I let you image the complexity for an alone guy to try (stupidly) to replace it :roll: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

Philippe.
N.B. I share my NAS between normal usage, devlopment and test of myHD ... so I can generate error in delivery, even I have solved it in test env.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
father.mande

[myHD 2.x] MHI-kodi 19+ ... ... discussion

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
please post here questions (or responses) about myHD Idesk application : MHI-kodi

I will move questions or messages from other topics to have all in one place, if possible.

Philippe.
clinton.hall

Re: [myHD 2.x] MHI-kodi ... ... discussion

Post by clinton.hall »

1. I didn't get any errors when upgrading, but the 2004 folder was not installed and then when I tries to use any of the myHD commands I was getting errors saying that 2004 was not found.

Using ps I could see that there were a number of myHD processes running.

I recall some time ago I had modified HD_Kodi to run as root within myHD. I believe this was required to access a specific addon? but can't recall the specifics now.
Since my install was "custom" I expect my upgrade experience is not typical.
I should know by now that most of the time I have to do clean installs because I tinker with too much stuff.

2. I see you have confirmed this timeout on installation. Command line works great.

3. Thanks. I knew there had to be a way, can't believe I missed that in the help.

Thanks so much for all the work you have done on this.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Please have a look to How install extensions for Kodi-19 here : https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=12427
Philippe.
Geo

Post by Geo »

Hi,

MHI-kodi_1.1_x86-64.apk can be installed over MH-kodi19_19_x86-64.apk. Or it is necessary to uninstall before?

Bests regard
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Geo wrote:Hi,
MHI-kodi_1.1_x86-64.apk can be installed over MH-kodi19_19_x86-64.apk. Or it is necessary to uninstall before?
Bests regard
No conflict ... MH-kodi19 is for Asportal and MHI-kodi for Idesk (Asportal replacement)
... so if you keep Asportal ... you see ONLY MH-kodi19 and if you switch to Idesk you don't see MH-kodi19 but you can used MHI-kodi

BUT the two use the same unique code.

Philippe.
stevie_hh

Post by stevie_hh »

Hi fatherMande,

i´ve been using very lon your kodi "variation".
recently I (wtf) updated ADm and nothing works.
So I downloades your 2.01 MyHD - installed it and opend it:

following menu:

==== is myHD running ?
==== myHD is NOT running
myHD is not yet installed ...
DISPLAY LOG of Download then Install Ubuntu ... up to ==== END with FAILED or SUCCESS

IN CASE OF FAILURE ... start AGAIN : myHD to restart download and install
---------------------------------------

I waited and rfreshed ... nothing changed.

What can I do?
I´d like to install Kodi 19.

hop to get a hint.

greets from Hamburg

Stephan
maineiac13

Post by maineiac13 »

I have successfully (I think) installed MH-Kodi19. It appears on my Asportal but I have not yet tried to launch it. I also have the Kodi18 version on the portal as developed by Patrick. For Kodi-18, I have installed advancedsettings.xml which creates certain functions which I want to retain in Kodi-19. That file is located at: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/kodi/.kodi/userdata. So I have a couple of questions:

1. The first time I use MH-Kodi19 will I have to configure it to find my video files, etc....or will it automatically use the information based on the pre-existing Kodi-18 version?

2. Will the advancedsettings.xml file noted above apply to the MH-Kodi19 version when I launch it? And if not, where would I add a new version which will work in MH-Kodi19?

3. After installing MH-Kodi19, I am still able to use the Kodi-18 version without any problem. Once I start to use MH-Kodi19 will that still be the case so that theoretically I could switch between the two if I wanted to?

Thanks for your help,
Ken
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
maineiac13 wrote:I have successfully (I think) installed MH-Kodi19. It appears on my Asportal but I have not yet tried to launch it. I also have the Kodi18 version on the portal as developed by Patrick. For Kodi-18, I have installed advancedsettings.xml which creates certain functions which I want to retain in Kodi-19. That file is located at: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/kodi/.kodi/userdata. So I have a couple of questions:

1. The first time I use MH-Kodi19 will I have to configure it to find my video files, etc....or will it automatically use the information based on the pre-existing Kodi-18 version?

2. Will the advancedsettings.xml file noted above apply to the MH-Kodi19 version when I launch it? And if not, where would I add a new version which will work in MH-Kodi19?

3. After installing MH-Kodi19, I am still able to use the Kodi-18 version without any problem. Once I start to use MH-Kodi19 will that still be the case so that theoretically I could switch between the two if I wanted to?

Thanks for your help,
Ken
1 ... MH-kodi is a fresh install ... so kodi using old settings can't be used before ... (do it only one except update search and install)
... so first : add share to be visible by myHD
myHD add_include_folder [MOUNT_FOLDER_PATH_IN_myHD] ...(form : /share/xxxx ) permanent (at start) add folder to be mounted
ex. myHD add_include_folder /share/Media
... ... list of available command for share is done using : myHD help_share
... ... by default NOTHING (no share) are visible by myHD env. (for security ... it's your choice not mine)
2 ... you can get the actual (kodi18) settings ... it's a .kodi folder (even APKG Kodi18 can change it ... I don't know
... ... MH-kodi run under a "normal" user name astr and not as admin or root like in Asportal delivery (if integrator of kodi18 follow the Asustor methodology)
... you can copy the .kdoi to astr home in myHD and change owner
ex. if .kodi from kodi18 is in /usr/local/AppCentral/kodi18/ exist (confirm PATH I do't really know it)
cp -pPR /usr/local/AppCentral/kodi18/.kodi /usr/local/.myHD/myHD_home/astr/
chown -R astr:root /usr/local/.myHD/myHD_home/astr/.kodi

... advancedsettings.xml file are inside ... (userdata folder)
3 ... before launching MH-kodi a good idea is to update Ubuntu & Kodi to be sure to get the last version, and also to install binary kodi extensions if you use it.
from a terminal using root/your_admin_password
myHD apt_upgrade_package
at end ... good idea is to restart myHD (myHD restart)
... to install kodi binary extension use myHD_root command to enter as root in myHD and run apt-get ...
ex. search for kodi addons apt-cache search "^kodi-" | grep -v dbg (exclode debug version) then install it using : at-get install kodi-xxxxxxx addons
4 run MH-kodi (it's a launcher)

In all case you don't lost your existing Kodi18 and can run the two ... just .kodi folder is not share.

Philippe.

Return to “myHD”