[myHD 2] Information before delivery

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[myHD 2] Information before delivery

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

myHD 2.x is an update of myHD that offer new approach for HDMI screen output and Applications. (I am sorry for the delay ... but health problems (hope now finished) delayed me )
... myHD 1 is a namespace for mount, IPC, PID (process I.D.), pid_for_children myHD 2 is same
... ... so network, UTS (host name), user and cgroup are shared with A.D.M. ... most important is network (so share I.P. and U.D.P. port) and hostname
... myHD 1 is compatible (except remote control) with Asportal and used Asustor Xorg ... all is kept as is in myHD 2
BUT myHD 2 offer :
... Add possibility to move to Ubuntu 20.04 L.T.S. (myHD 1 limited to 18.04)
... Add possibility to start NOT as chroot with BASH (shell) as initial task (PID 1) but starting as an Ubuntu machine using systemd ... so myHD 2 is nearest of a V.M. (but without overload due to a Virtaul Machine supervisor) and can take advantage of systemd mechanism
... Add possibility to REPLACE Asportal by another desktop launcher (Idesk) inside a window manager (openbox)
... ... require a keyboard and mouse ... no Asustor remote control BUT some Android App. (perhaps IOS) can be used as remote control
... ... this add multiples possibilities :
... ... decoration and top bar (to close, minimize, etc. applications) ... this add possibility to use new applications (Calibre etc.) ... in fact lot of existing applications in Ubuntu repository
... ... Multi-tasks you can have multiple application started at same time (ex. Chrome and Kodi 19 and more limited only by memory) ... even some application run better in full screen mode
... ... Add a menu (click right in an empty place) to launch as in Linux some internal applications, like a file manager, a terminal, etc.)
... ... Add management for multiple Desktop (default Top icons (7) + 28 App. icons max. per desktop), so you can arrange applications in a specific desktop screen.
... ... Add a systray task bar where you can also put your own applications a Pulseaudio systray is provide for an easy management of Pulseaudio even ALSA is always usable for specific applications.
... ... Add possibility to customize your desktop (wallpaper, size of cursors (large cursors best for large screen or if you are not near the screen), etc.)
... ... Add possibility to add launcher in Idesk and to rearrange screen as you like
... ... Add easy creation of new launcher (rules) if you want to do it yourself.
... ... TOTALLY OPEN for integrator and Linux expert ... including the skeleton to be able to start a desktop manager like Xfce

... ALL is managed directly from screen or using myHD command ... a separate WebUI will be provided in a near future (based on scriptserver APKG) to help user.

The first version of myHD 2 will be available soon (I hope) ... it's like a Beta ... it's thousand lines of code ... so I CAN'T test all ...
I will try to contact Asustor to see if it's possible to deliver it using AppCentral ... but difficulty is for Ubuntu environment actually available in my own server.

Here after some screenshot (with a 48x48 cursor) ... and a desktop (fake App.) to test the automatic addition of launcher ... using the same Icon based on Chrome icon ...
===== CLICK on image toget full view
1: Idesk and Openbox menu
The attachment idesk_and_menu.png is no longer available
2: after moving with mouse the icon to select position in screen
The attachment apres_move.png is no longer available
3: highlight icon when mouse come on ...
The attachment highligth_auto_caption.png is no longer available
4: Pulseaudio systray control ...
pulseaudio
pulseaudio
pa_systray.png (286.73 KiB) Viewed 6206 times
5: Multiple launcher (fake for demo (and test) purpose
launch
launch
multiple_launcher.png (714.69 KiB) Viewed 6206 times
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
damien599901

Re: [myHD 2] Information before delivery

Post by damien599901 »

great news !
thanks Philippe !
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
yabba234

Post by yabba234 »

Any news about myHD 2.0 ?
Maybe you share testing version for us ?
Philippe, please !
Without yours myHD app NImbustor is only just another NAS :)!
And myHD 1.x not work under ADM 4...
Asustor 6602T with 2TB IronWolf and 2x 16GB ssd cashe Optane, backup external drive 8TB + 1TB, Synology RT1900,UPS ACP500, Razer Balde Base 2020, Iphone X
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I am in travel for 2 weeks and stop working ... but tests are good under ADM 4 and I have to run extra yesys under 3.5 (I own only one NAS with ADM 4 for dev. & tests. )

Please wait (and sorry for the delay) ... I will be back to a place with high speed Internet at end of this week.

Now I have only a 4g access to read and write on forum.

Philippe.
yabba234

Post by yabba234 »

Hallo father.mande !
I hope you back to home - I'm waiting (and not only me) to testing new version of myHD for adm 4.0 :)
Asustor 6602T with 2TB IronWolf and 2x 16GB ssd cashe Optane, backup external drive 8TB + 1TB, Synology RT1900,UPS ACP500, Razer Balde Base 2020, Iphone X
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi yabba234,

I am sorry for the delay ... the reason is multiple.
... I am not yet back to my lab ... I return second week of September .
... I have get my AS5002T (bring to me by a friend) to do tests during my absence ... BUT with A.D.M. 4 Xorg bug and crash at start time ... I have use a work around to start it, but nothing is really correct and screen definition is reduced to "Frame Buffer" definition and not mode for HDMI and intel driver. I have open a ticket and wait for.
... I used Vnc to access Xorg ... so without a lot of functionalities.
... I have another x86_64 Asustor NAS ... but used for works ... so stay in 3.x and this second system is in my lab. (seem myHD 2 run on it, but ... it's not a testing system ... )

I will restart my tests when Xorg problem will be corrected or when I return to my lab and switch my two NAS ... to have a new hardware and perhaps better for ADM 4 Xorg ???

Philippe.
wolvverine

Post by wolvverine »

yabba234 wrote:Any news about myHD 2.0 ?
Philippe, please !
Work. Look here:

viewtopic.php?f=227&t=10362&start=70#p40542
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
wolvverine wrote:
yabba234 wrote:Any news about myHD 2.0 ?
Philippe, please !
I am really sorry for the delay (unfortunately due to health problem) I hope to be ready soon (I hope ... ) the problem today is more the documentation than the product.

Regards.
Philippe.
wolvverine

Post by wolvverine »

Ticket: #43432
Not exist mod_authn_core in Apache 2.4 - ADM 4.0

Code: Select all

/volume1/Web/myHD/.htaccess: Invalid command 'AuthName', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
/volume1/Web/myHD/.htaccess: Invalid command 'AuthType', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
Apache 2.4 which is in ADM 4.0 asustor there is no mod_authn_core module added without which authorization in .htaccess does not work properly.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I am stopped in my works because Plex Media Player have compatibility problem with ADM Xorg.

I think to output a version without it.

Philippe.

Return to “myHD”