Problem Installation myHD 0.9.4

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Warlock
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Problem Installation myHD 0.9.4

Post by Warlock »

Connecting simply with the IP does not work.
For the commands, please see below outcome:

root@AS6204T:/volume1/.@root # cat /usr/builtin/etc/apache2/mods-available/authn_core.conf
LoadModule authn_core_module /usr/builtin/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authn_core.so
root@AS6204T:/volume1/.@root # ll /usr/builtin/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authn_core.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11.0K Jul 29 12:10 /usr/builtin/lib/apache2/modules/mod_authn_core.so*
root@AS6204T:/volume1/.@root # ll /usr/builtin/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authn_core.conf
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root root 33 Aug 1 16:31 /usr/builtin/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/authn_core.conf -> ../mods-available/authn_core.conf

Cheers

Warlock
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

I tried 3 different browser, all bring the same result
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

please do :
cat /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/myHD/bin/.htpassword
... don't be afraid it's encrypted (but, if anxious, even it's default password ... you can hide some characters)
cat /share/Web/myHD/.htaccess

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

here you go:

root@AS6204T:/volume1/.@root # cat /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/myHD/bin/.htpassword
myhd:$apr1$fl9mwN9l$74bICgsId4az/oNj3hbhp/

root@AS6204T:/volume1/.@root # cat /share/Web/myHD/.htaccess
# DirectoryIndex apkg_mgr.cgi
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .sh
Options +ExecCGI

AuthUserFile "/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/myHD/bin/.htpassword"
AuthName "myHD_Area"
AuthType Basic
Require valid-user
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Nothing seems bad or false in myHD ???
So it's a network or Apache problem
... network, because absolutely nothing in the default configuration prevents you to use I.P. address (I use it all the time) ??? so if you have this kind of problem ??
... Apache, because all module for basic identification are present, the popup to require login seems to work but fail immediately (if I have understand your explain).
... ... the best is to add log for Apache, but I never understand (and search for) how we can add Apache logging to get information on error, please ask to Asustor support or search in the forum.

WebUI for myHD is only a subset of myHD command (in fact WebUI launch myHD command), so it's possible to do all (and more than with WebUI) using the myHD command.
I know ... it's not a good response, but I have no idea for the moment to solve your problem (just please provide your actual A.D.M. version and your Asustor model)

Philippe.
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

My system is a AS6204T running the newest version of 3.4.1.

If you could let me know, how to install the Kodi apk via command line I would be more than happy.

Cheers

Warlock
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

1 if you want to get Apache log do (just tested) ... remember to reverte to don't fill your disk with big log
cd /volume0/usr/builtin/etc/apache2/sites-available
... add two lines in @default virtual host
before DON'T BE AFRAID by 81 it's my Web server port (I don't use 80) :

Code: Select all

<VirtualHost _default_:81>
    ServerName localhost
    DocumentRoot "/volume1/Web"
    SSLEngine off
</VirtualHost>
after

Code: Select all

<VirtualHost _default_:81>
    ServerName localhost
    DocumentRoot "/volume1/Web"
    SSLEngine off
    ErrorLog /var/log/apache.log
    LogLevel debug
</VirtualHost>
then write and exit editor
restart Apache
/volume0/usr/builtin/etc/init.d/S54apache2 restart

Normally a full debug log now will be write in /var/log/apache.log ... so test again to call myHD WebUI

2 to install Kodi18 get the corresponding APKG (companion of myHD) MH-kodi18
... list and link are at bottom of announcement post [Download] section in post : viewtopic.php?f=227&t=10362&start=30#p33423
... get APKG and install it as usual using App Central ... APKG for Kodi are "just" launcher from Asportal

BEFORE to be sure you have the last version 18.3 now ... do :
myHD apt_upgrade_package (in Ubuntu it's an apt-get update ; apt-get -y dist-upgrade)

Don't forgot to configure Kodi ... as usual, for sound Alsa is prefered with direct output to HDMI (displayed name is with your screen or TV name)

Philippe.

to remove delete line or put a # as first character
Warlock

Post by Warlock »

Thanks a lot for your support.
I used the console and it works like a charme.

Enjoy the weekend

Cheers

Warlock
Mr.F

Post by Mr.F »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

The icon in App. Center connect you to the Web server, so the web server must be enable (not the web admin server)
... I don't enable it myself by security
REMEMBER the login is (user / password) myhd / asusfr1

Second point is strange : /usr/sbin/apkg is provide by Asustor ??? so seems it's not the case in your model ??? AND myHD need to have it ?
can you do a verification :
ll /usr/sbin/apkg (please verify the color in response (if correct) link in blue target in green)
if nothing displayed do :
ll /usr/builtin/sbin/apkg
if exist create a link to test BUT it's temporary due to the fact that after a reboot the link disappear

I use apkg to test is myHD APKG is enable ... so if Asustor apkg program is not present ... I get a Disable status (no value) for myHD and stop starting it.

Philippe.
Hi,

The Asustor is my first NAS so this is all new to me. I have the same issue when attempting to open the myHD app. How do I enable the web server? And what is the password for?

Thanks in advance.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
Mr.F wrote: Hi,
The Asustor is my first NAS so this is all new to me. I have the same issue when attempting to open the myHD app. How do I enable the web server? And what is the password for?
Thanks in advance.
If you get the popup menu asking user / password ... the Web server is already active ... inactive = blank screen
The web server is activated in Web admin / Services / Web server
... check "enable web server" use default port or change it
... check or not "secured web server" if you want to open later the web server (not needed for myHD) to Internet with SSL certificate.
... Don't check "EZ-connect" (open port for Internet access in your Upnp router) except if you need it for other purpose
THEN "Apply"

Restart myHD (myHD restart in a terminal) or using Icon in App Central (Disable, wait 10 sec. then Enable it again)
... now icon in Web admin open a popup ... default user is : myhd / asusfr1

Please lost some time to read topics (large part are already explain), also don't hesitate to use tutorials and response to F.A.Q. in Asustor site (ex. how manage web server)
This time lost help you to win lot of time later and to don't wait for a response in the forum ... if nobody is online to help you quickly.

Philippe.

Return to “myHD”