problem´s with clamav

ClamAV® is an open source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

daniel
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

problem´s with clamav

Post by daniel »

good night

I came to inform you that the scheduled update and file verification tasks are not working.
I hope the next app update has been resolved this issue. ;)
Norbyte

Re: problem´s with clamav

Post by Norbyte »

The simple virus definition update also just running and running without end.

It looks like the ClamCV is a re-skin of Avast, which was also never updated (not version, not virus def.)

I run usually a network drive scan from my PC... Faster and that works
Ukabuke

Post by Ukabuke »

Same issues here - definition update never completes. Just get stuck at updating. AS-302T running latest ADM 3.2.7.RRE3
rayJ

Post by rayJ »

Installed the ClamAV app a couple of months ago on an AS1002T, checked the box to update, and it has never auto-updated. Manual updates work, albeit slowly. However, that's typical for freshclam so it's probably caused on the clam server side.

This really promises to be a great product but security cannot be an afterthought. How can I install a third-party anti-virus scanner?
CodeMonkey_UK

Post by CodeMonkey_UK »

rayJ wrote:Installed the ClamAV app a couple of months ago on an AS1002T, checked the box to update, and it has never auto-updated. Manual updates work, albeit slowly. However, that's typical for freshclam so it's probably caused on the clam server side.

This really promises to be a great product but security cannot be an afterthought. How can I install a third-party anti-virus scanner?
Did you ever figure out how to get a 3rdparty virus scanner working?
Or did you burn the nas box like I'm considering?

Return to “ClamAV”