ClamAV Configuration Error. Never Really Worked.

ClamAV® is an open source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

volcanic515
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

ClamAV Configuration Error. Never Really Worked.

Post by volcanic515 »

Alright, so I installed the Dr. Asustor app which recommended this antivirus program as a part of its health check. I'm not sure why cause I've had nothing but problems with it from the start.

First, it never finishes a scan. Just gets hung up on something and sits there. Secondly, yesterday I found that it mysteriously "lost" it's configurations and I can't get them back no matter what I do. I uninstalled and re-installed but that didn't work either. It just keeps giving me a Configuration error pop-up like the attached. It seems somehow the configuration file got corrupted. Any advice on where to look so I can possibly delete this file so the app can create a fresh one? Also, any advice on why this thing doesn't seem to scan would be great as well but maybe after I get the configuration file sorted, the scans will finally work.
Attachments
ClamAV Configuration file error (Ref. 5006)
ClamAV Configuration file error (Ref. 5006)
clamav_configuration_error.png (479.06 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
Norbyte

Re: ClamAV Configuration Error. Never Really Worked.

Post by Norbyte »

App reinstall unfortunately doesn't solve this.
No other AV app available And the predecessor the Avast was the same shit. This is just a re-badge.
Sometimes works the database auto update, sometimes not.
The scan could takes 2 days (full scan on 6TB R5), with 95% CPU (AS6104T).

It gives better and more reliable result when I scan the shares as mapped drive under Windows...shame.
CodeMonkey_UK

Re: ClamAV Configuration Error. Never Really Worked.

Post by CodeMonkey_UK »

Cold comfort, but you are not alone.

I've pretty much given up on this.
Asustor support don't seem to care.

Asustor NAS does NOT have a reliable working virus scanner.
For some it seems to work, or at least they don't realise it's not working ... but for others like me it's never worked.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-02 171106.png
Screenshot 2022-08-02 171106.png (140.58 KiB) Viewed 2567 times

Return to “ClamAV”