Updated version of ClamAV

ClamAV® is an open source antivirus engine for detecting trojans, viruses, malware & other malicious threats.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

steve6443
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Updated version of ClamAV

Post by steve6443 »

I bought an AS5304T and tried installing the old version of ClamAV - as most of you know, it won't update. Even manually updating the files doesn't help. So I posted this information on my Amazon review of the server and advised ASUS of this fact. They have now released an update.

However for me, the installation takes for ever - around 15 minutes; it boots me off the console, disconnects SSH and gives errors on any websites I might have open - for example Plex or similar. When I can reconnect to the NAS, then the whole unit has become so unresponsive any time ClamAV is addressed - ie, if you try to update the definitions - the NAS is unusable.

And just for good measure, the update fails..... even when you manually update the files.

Oh, to demonstrate how slow the NAS is - I SSH'd into the NAS, took 10 minutes to get from the home directory to the /USR/Local directory because the drive takes so long in reading the content. Attempting to upload the definitions into ClamAV/Lib/Database, using a laptop on the same network, I was getting upload speeds of 256Kb / second; with 112MB file sizes, 17 minutes transfer time :shock: :shock: :shock:

So, if you want to install the update, please try it. However for me, it does not work, rather it brings problems with it. Worse, turning off ClamAV in the App Centre doesn't improve responsiveness, only deleting it does..... let me know if others have the same issue.....

Return to “ClamAV”