It is currently Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

...spoke too soon! Many issues with EZ Sync Manager

Through built-in EZ Sync Manager of ADM 3.2 and ASUSTOR EZ Sync for computer, data from computer can be synchronized to the NAS at any time from anywhere.

...spoke too soon! Many issues with EZ Sync Manager

Postby al2suarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:08 pm

After using EZ Sync for a couple of weeks there are major issues.

On Computer#1, Laptop#2 and Laptop#3, Desktiop AES (Asustor EZ Sync) is configured to "Start ASUSTOR EZ Sync on system startup".
On Computer#1, Laptop#2 and Laptop#3, connect local Router through WIFI.
My Asustor NAS is connected to same local Router.
My Asustor NAS has two folders (with existing Files) under EZ Sync Manager. Compuer#1, Laptop#1 and Laptop#2 are all sharing these two folders (2-Way)

[0] Computer#1 reboots every morning, every time AES desktop app (on taskbar) appears to be disconnected from NAS. I then have to manually exit AES and restart it to have it connect to NAS successfully. I would expect AES to continuously try to connect to NAS.

[1] Computer#1 has files in folder and the out-of-sync icon appears on the AES desktop app for this folder and stays like that forever. It never uploads the files to AES Manager so Laptop#1 and Laptop#2 never receive the files.

[2] On Laptop#1, I enter a new file. AES Manager on Asustor NAS shows this new file, however, Computer#1 and Laptop#2 still say they are in sync but does not have the new file. Even after rebooting it still does not update.

[3] When you try to remove an existing Task from AES desktop app from a connected NAS you get the following Exception Error:
---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
An unhandled exception occurred: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
al2suarez

Re: ...spoke too soon! Many issues with EZ Sync Manager

Postby Marco@ASUSTOR » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi, EZ Sync is currently being overhauled to fix its issues. We appreciate your patience.
Marco@ASUSTOR

Re: ...spoke too soon! Many issues with EZ Sync Manager

Postby al2suarez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Marco@ASUSTOR wrote:Hi, EZ Sync is currently being overhauled to fix its issues. We appreciate your patience.

That is awesome to hear! Can't wait to try it out. I am willing help out if you need people to test it out.

Thank you.
al2suarez

Return to EZ Sync Manager