Admin access to the files

Through built-in EZ Sync Manager of ADM 3.2 and ASUSTOR EZ Sync for computer, data from computer can be synchronized to the NAS at any time from anywhere.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sebastianp88
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Admin access to the files

Post by sebastianp88 »

Hi guys / ladies,

I would like ask you, is it possible to have a access like a admin to all files of users? I read viewtopic.php?f=214&t=10228 and affraid it is impossible. Could you confirm that?

Why I ask you about this?
I would like have access to files synced by my children. Both have individual account, but I can not check what they synchronized.
Nazar78

Re: Admin access to the files

Post by Nazar78 »

AS mentioned in the post, yes you can access (via ssh as root, enable terminal in the services) but this is not like normal file manager it's version control thus the folder structure is different.
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
orion

Re: Admin access to the files

Post by orion »

I think it's a reasonable request. I'll recommend you to send a feature request too: https://support.asustor.com/

If your purpose is to backup, rather seeing file details, you can use WinSCP (free tool in Windows). Login with root, then you'll see files in database form (yes, it's different from file operation) under /volume1/.@ezsync/.

Return to “EZ Sync Manager”