Loss of data

Through built-in EZ Sync Manager of ADM 3.2 and ASUSTOR EZ Sync for computer, data from computer can be synchronized to the NAS at any time from anywhere.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

jonesy
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Loss of data

Post by jonesy »

Following data loss, Asustor advised me that there is a known bug in EZ sync.
If you rename a directory, EZS will revert the stored files to an earlier version.
In my case, renaming a directory lost me 3 days work. It's not clear why it went back 3 days and not 1 day, or 1 hour given that the files are continuously updated. The logs showed the files correctly uploaded, but there is no version history.
I asked Asustor to advise the community over a week ago. I don't know how long they have known about this and they gave me no indication when they plan to release a fix. In fact their way of dealing with the issue after I advised them was to ignore me.
I have suspended my use of EZS and have moved to syncthing. I also do a daily incremental image of my data drive using macrium which has a very useful file explorer view on their images. Hopefully this combination will ensure I lose 1 day's work at most!
jwirth

Re: Loss of data

Post by jwirth »

I am a neophyte NAS user. I am only using the NAS to store photos and videos. I set up EZ Sync but did it one way - from my computer to the NAS. My plan was to copy all of the files onto the NAS and then delete them from various devices. Am I doing this wrong?

Return to “EZ Sync Manager”