DVD/CDRom?

Linux Center is Linux Container APP, can run different isolated Linux systems on Asustor Nas system using a single Linux kernel.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

DisasterIncarnate
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

DVD/CDRom?

Post by DisasterIncarnate »

My USB DVD shows up as an external device in the portal, however i cant see hide nor hair of the device in linux center, is there a way to enable it, or is this 1 more reason to ignore linux center and just go full virtual machine.

at this stage i dont even know why linux center exists, it cant do anything properly.

Re: DVD/CDRom?

Post by Nazar78 »

If you've configured to enable the "mount shared folder" option, it should appear in the mounted shared folder. In Home -> share, symlink appears as USBXX[-X] which is mounted at the rootfs /.share. Try restarting the LXC after connecting the device. To use LXC or VB is up to you, I prefer LXC for its low overhead.
Untitled.png
AS5304T - 16GB DDR4 - ADM-OS modded on 2GB RAM
Internal:
- 4x10TB Toshiba RAID10 Ext4-Journal=Off
External 5 Bay USB3:
- 4x2TB Seagate modded RAID0 Btrfs-Compression
- 480GB Intel SSD for modded dm-cache (initramfs auto update patch) and Apps

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
DisasterIncarnate

didnt work, rebooted twice and now it shows up, cheers.

Things can go a bit wrong if i unplug the device and replug it, no big issue atm, but so far a nas reboot sorts that out, i did notice that plugging/unplugging the device causes the creation of new raw device handlers, on reboot i get access to sr0 which is the dvd-rom, every replug causes sr1, sr2, sr3, etc to appear, strange behaviour but rebooting the nas fixes it

Post by Nazar78 »

I'm not sure about dvd/cd-roms as I no longer have those. Usually for external devices you just have to remount the bind but this version of LXC I believe doesn't support auto detection of external devices. E.g. I've modded mine to support bluetooth gamepads for retroarch and steam but will have to restart (only LXC not the entire NAS) everytime the gamepads reconnects. It's easier with wired gamepads however I need to have them connected before LXC starts.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

When posting, consider checking the box "Notify me when a reply is posted" to get faster response
DisasterIncarnate

Nazar78 wrote:I'm not sure about dvd/cd-roms as I no longer have those. Usually for external devices you just have to remount the bind but this version of LXC I believe doesn't support auto detection of external devices. E.g. I've modded mine to support bluetooth gamepads for retroarch and steam but will have to restart (only LXC not the entire NAS) everytime the gamepads reconnects. It's easier with wired gamepads however I need to have them connected before LXC starts.
out of interest, how did you get retroarch working? i installed it, its "there", just no icon shows up on adm/portal, so cant launch it.

Post by Nazar78 »

I'm not running RetroArch in ADM but in LXC. In fact I'm no longer using Asustor Portal. I do remember installing it long ago and did just tried installing it for the sake of testing. Installing it will also as we know, enable Asustor Portal. Then I just quickly switched from LXC to the portal menu HDMI view and I could see the icon in the Asustor Portal however couldn't launch it, black screen with cursor then back to the main menu after few secs. Could be an issue with the ADM 4 beta or LXC is running not sure I didn't check further.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

DisasterIncarnate

Nazar78 wrote:I'm not running RetroArch in ADM but in LXC. In fact I'm no longer using Asustor Portal. I do remember installing it long ago and did just tried installing it for the sake of testing. Installing it will also as we know, enable Asustor Portal. Then I just quickly switched from LXC to the portal menu HDMI view and I could see the icon in the Asustor Portal however couldn't launch it, black screen with cursor then back to the main menu after few secs. Could be an issue with the ADM 4 beta or LXC is running not sure I didn't check further.
hmm, something gone wrong somewhere then, retroarch when installed doesnt show in adm or in the hdmi output/menu, cant launch what i cant see/click :(

Post by Nazar78 »

DisasterIncarnate wrote:
Nazar78 wrote:I'm not running RetroArch in ADM but in LXC. In fact I'm no longer using Asustor Portal. I do remember installing it long ago and did just tried installing it for the sake of testing. Installing it will also as we know, enable Asustor Portal. Then I just quickly switched from LXC to the portal menu HDMI view and I could see the icon in the Asustor Portal however couldn't launch it, black screen with cursor then back to the main menu after few secs. Could be an issue with the ADM 4 beta or LXC is running not sure I didn't check further.
hmm, something gone wrong somewhere then, retroarch when installed doesnt show in adm or in the hdmi output/menu, cant launch what i cant see/click :(
Probably it's an older version uploaded by one of the contributors few years ago, 2017. You might have better luck running it in linux center as I did.
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

DisasterIncarnate

Nazar78 wrote:
DisasterIncarnate wrote:
Probably it's an older version uploaded by one of the contributors few years ago, 2017. You might have better luck running it in linux center as I did.
unfortunatly linux center does not have functional sound for me.

Post by Nazar78 »

I might have found a fix to it but needs more testing, looking for x86_64 testers with spdif. Refer to my post viewtopic.php?f=213&t=10570&start=10
Internal:
External 5 Bay USB3:

Return to “Linux-Center”