Am I Just Malware Paranoid or ....?

Saltrams
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Am I Just Malware Paranoid or ....?

Post by Saltrams »

Hi All.
A few times recently (4, maybe 5) I have had a notification box pop up when starting my PC (Win10 64 bit. Also have 7004T NAS with latest ADM update 3.4.6.RDF3)
The box is this:
and it raises several questions, does it not?

Why is EZSync spelled "Easy Sync"? Why does it say "Relaese (sic) Notes"? Why is there no branding/logo/whatever to even suggest it originates from Asustor? Am I just paranoid?

I know that English isn't these guys' first language and I don't want to be snooty about that but it does have a lot of the warning signs of things that ain't what they should be, doesn't it?
Saltrams

Re: Am I Just Malware Paranoid or ....?

Post by Saltrams »

Well, it has been a month now, this is still happening and quite a few people have seen this post but nobody seems to have the same issue.
Maybe I'm in the wrong forum, I'll see if I can move to a better place....
ilike2burnthing

Re: Am I Just Malware Paranoid or ....?

Post by ilike2burnthing »

Better late than never...

If the process shown is:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUSTOR\EZ Sync\LiveUpdate.exe
and that executable is digitally signed by ASUSTOR Inc., then everything is fine.

The version number shown is the latest available - https://www.asustor.com/service/downloads?product_id=18

If you're ever in doubt of any program, then uninstall it, ensure all files have been deleted from the related folder(s), and then download the latest version directly from the manufacturer's website.

Return to “ASUSTOR Ez Sync”