Truncated Photoshop Files

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

spottedsalamander
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Truncated Photoshop Files

Post by spottedsalamander »

Hello,

I don't know if any of you have had any issues with this, but I love the idea of EZ Sync automatically updating my Photoshop files each time I save... However, I have noticed a disturbingly high number of PS files in these sync folders who will no longer show their preview images in Bridge, throw an error when trying to open and show a very questionable (...) after the file size. I expect that these files have been truncated by the Sync folder.

I want to understand when this could happen...

Is it:
1.) Because I am working on the file actively while it is syncing - because this is intentional, I don't want to lose hours of work... That is why I use the folders in the first place.
2.) Is it because Windows ran into an error and was forced to shut down (blue screen) while the folder was in the syncing process. - I have been having some issues with this of late.
3.) Is it because the folder itself ran into an error while syncing? - Sometimes this happens and I have to pause it and restart it.

Thank you in advance to everyone who can tell me more about this. I really want to use the sync folders and in general I find them a great idea, but obviously if the folders themselves are damaging the data, this completely defeats their purpose. Then my files would be "safer" in a regular folder.

Also side note, for the developers if it is something that maybe I am partially causing, for instance, copying files when the drive is not paused, etc. It would be awesome if you could build a warning into the system to remind the user to pause the program. I often forget about things like this when I am in the middle of working on other things... Likewise, if there is anyway to protect the system from hard shutdowns, that would be wonderful, because honestly that is what the back-ups are for... if the system crashes I don't want my files to be corrupted.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Return to “ASUSTOR EZ Connect”