Add a Launcher to the ADM Desktop

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

DRF
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Add a Launcher to the ADM Desktop

Post by DRF »

I’ve got an AS6404T NAS and it’s running just fine but I feel that it is underused just being a NAS so I want to add some programs to it and I can’t figure out how to do that. On any desktop that I know of, I can just right click the desktop and create a launcher or a shortcut. How do I do this on the ADM desktop?

Thanks
orion

Re: Add a Launcher to the ADM Desktop

Post by orion »

The ADM desktop icons are managed by ADM itself. I can only create / remove icons within AppCentral. If you are talking about Asustor portal from HDMI output, you can manage those icons (to assign applications) within Asustor Portal on ADM desktop.

If you plan to create scheduled tasks, you can do it manually if you know ssh well. You can refer to the link: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=11215&p=36316
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I don't have a solution for A.D.M. (it's closed ... and manage only by Asustor ... so ask for a new feature)

BUT ... I just finalize an alternative APKG to be able to run 99% of shell script or command using a web interface (without ssh) and directly using any browser.
... WITHOUT any programming
... selected based on user name ... so only script will be visible by an authorized user
... able to create (without specific knowledge on Web) an interface for any parameters and value (select from list or another script also)
... output is visible in real time
... interactive mode is available
... history & logs
... Web interface is only configurable by an admin user
... security is based on .htpasswd (at this time) and separate of the A.D.M. user (also at this time)
... etc.

It's a BETA ... so need improvements ... but it works
Target is : Asustor NAS x86_64, Arm and Arm64 in first step ... then x86 (32 bits) later.

All run, but need to be verified (as usual) and documented ... because a NAS is NOT a standard Linux distribution.

So it's a launcher with separate script by user BUT not directly from A.D.M. desktop ... so perhaps not your request.

My target output is in 2 weeks (due to a travel)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
orion

Post by orion »

father.mande wrote:I just finalize an alternative APKG to be able to run 99% of shell script or command using a web interface (without ssh) and directly using any browser.
Wonderful!! I'm eager to try it. :D

Return to “[Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series”