S/PDIF Audio Out

Robi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

S/PDIF Audio Out

Post by Robi »

First what kind of connector does the 6404 model need on it's end of the fiber? I got a cable with the "short probe" and it doesn't seem to seat properly. This could be the source of my problem, but I can't get audio out to my AVR Optical Input. At least that's what I'm guessing. I've followed the Users Manual for the AVR to set up the input, the fiber end for the receiver glows red but that's it; no flicker. I've read the post in the General Section regarding this issue and have had the NAS volume out at maximum all the time.
orion

Re: S/PDIF Audio Out

Post by orion »

What's the player you used? Did you try KODI?
Robi

Post by Robi »

Heap embarrassment on me ten fold!!! I finally found the "Setting" button that displays on the monitor hooked to my NAS. It has both the applicable settings for video, audio and a bunch of other important parameters. I opened the "audio" setting and changed the setting from "HDMI" to "Optical" and yeah I have audio for all the video outputs to my monitor! Just for the record, Orion, I was looking for a hardware type answer, not software, my assumption was my new cable had the incorrect termination/connector on the end at the NAS.
Robi

Post by Robi »

Orion, I have a question. How do we point out that the mountain of instructions for these units are missing a lot of information that is very basic to using all the features? In my situation I don't care about using my NAS as a remote Cloud, allowing anyone outside my home network access or using any Cloud for that matter. My only desire at this time is to be able to move files (music and movies) from my desk top to the proper locations on the NAS file system so I can play them on my home theater. On rare occasions I might want to download music files from a seller (over the internet) but again there is little or no indication of the type files my NAS can process (store and play back), i.e. FLAC, WAV, ORBIS, and the sample rates as well as associated bit depth; then there's DSD. My antique Denon AV receiver can deal with most of those possible inputs over it's HDMI inputs but I have no indication of what the 6404 NAS can deal with from both a storage and output context.
orion

Post by orion »

It depends. There are many functions provided by NAS. (I do not use all of them. I actually use very few of them.)
Someone says that he only plays movies locally. Someone says that he only plans to setup media server on NAS, and plays media files on his TV through network (no needs for HDMI and SPDIF). Someone prefers to enable AVR auto volume level, but someone does not know this feature at all.
NAS provides many open-source software. Someone feels super great. Someone feels it's not easy to use. No simple answer for all.

Return to “[Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series”