Firmware Recovery boot Partition in AS6302T

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

pont4ik
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Firmware Recovery boot Partition in AS6302T

Post by pont4ik »

hi guys I need your help! IT is something unexpected happened with my Asustor. I deleted the FIRMAWARE partition after an unsuccessful update. All attempts to return the partition to working condition were unsuccessful. Ist IT a way to turn back the asustor to Work? Thx
father.mande

Re: Firmware Recovery boot Partition in AS6302T

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

First call the support
Also add some information :
what did you delete ... the DOM (containing grub and boot image) or the ADM partition / volume ??
if you delete the DOM ... did you erase all or just the boot partition (in this case a backup of the previous boot image, initramfs and grub can be activated)

Depend of the case, different action must be done, but if you have a spare disk, unplug actual disk (take care of the position) and try to boot with an empty disk
Also if it's DOM, you can try to boot using a live Linux (Ubuntu + raid + btrfs) and try to recover the DOM

BUT first we have to know exactly what you have do ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
pont4ik

Post by pont4ik »

I deleted the DOM Partition, which is located on a 8 GB emmc in the NAS. I also tried using various Partition tools Like Partner Magic to restore the boot Partition, but failed to do this.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
pont4ik wrote:I deleted the DOM Partition, which is located on a 8 GB emmc in the NAS. I also tried using various Partition tools Like Partner Magic to restore the boot Partition, but failed to do this.
Ask the support ... they send you a copy of the DOM, then using a live linux on USB ... restore the image (dd for a full disk image)
reboot and reinstall ADM (some time the bzimage, initramfs and eufi drivers are not at the last version.

I don't have an image of a DOM for AS6302T ... just one, in case of, copy of my own AS5002T ... before support, perhaps somebody can have one ... I don't know.

Philippe.
pont4ik

Post by pont4ik »

Thanks for your response, i wrote to Support and Hope, that they could Help me. Do you know If IT possible to restore a normal Firmware Image with DD to the storage?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
pont4ik wrote:Thanks for your response, i wrote to Support and Hope, that they could Help me. Do you know If IT possible to restore a normal Firmware Image with DD to the storage?
For A.D.M. I don't know ... but I think it's not easy ... because A.D.M. is for a part in a specific volume and use lot of link to modifiable files ...
Remember that DOM contains only boot (kernel and initramfs) ... so after if an A.D.M. version is present on a compatible (formated) disk ... the system will start BUT to be sure to don't create incompatibilities ... best is to reinstall the ADM firmware version using manual update ... so if kernel or initramfs need to be updated ... they will be.

Just for information how did you erase the DOM ?

Philippe.
pont4ik

Post by pont4ik »

Oh man.. I bought new hdds, have copied the files from the old RAID Volume to the new one. And before i replaced them I decided to delete the information from the old RAID volume. So i booted from a live USB and do not payed Attention at the name of Partition which i erased, so Here we are....
pont4ik

Post by pont4ik »

*update* so i just solved the issue by myself with Testdisk. just recover the deleted partitions and have chosen the filesystem. And my Asustor starts AGAIN!!!!!! :D
I don´t get response from support till now, so if they will have nother solution, i will post it here for the future, who knows :lol:
Many Thanks to Philippe!

Return to “[Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series”