Loss of Audio on HDMI Output

Robi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Loss of Audio on HDMI Output

Post by Robi »

This is the sequence that took place over approximately 2 weeks. I replaced my old Sony 1080i monitor with a Samsung QN55Q60R unit. After the usual amount of "work" to get everything working I had great video as well as audio by way of m,y Denon AVR-3808CI receiver. Then after a few days ans some more tweeks to the video resolution I had to do a re-start to the NAS to get anything on the TV (still through the Denon) and at that time there was no audio. I've done this several time to verify the problem with no success. In fact I'm sending this through the NAS with the video through the Denon on the Samsung but can't get audio through the Denon.
orion

Re: Loss of Audio on HDMI Output

Post by orion »

I think you may try:
  • Change output resolution under ADM web -> ASPortal.
  • If you are using KODI, you can change KODI's audio setting to "pass through".
  • Try to connect NAS to your Samsung TV directly. If audio is working, it "might" be a certain setting on Denon.
Not sure what you mean "some more tweeks". If none of those are working, you can try to un-install "xorg", "media pack", asustor portal, then re-install them again.
Robi

Post by Robi »

I'm still fighting with the new monitor. It seems that the TV wants to take the place of everything in my home theater system but the AV receiver and speakers, like I don't need any other "signal generators" (NAS, satellite receiver, DVD/Blu ray player) in my system. I would really like to know just what signal a "smart TV" looks for over the HDMI input to establish what "signal generator" is powered up and connected properly. When I set the AV receiver to an HDMI input (DVD player, Blu-Ray player or NAS) when it is powered down the "no signal" screen from the Denon AV receiver is displayed. If I put the AV receiver in stand-by last when I get ready to leave the system for the night, the audio is available from the NAS/receiver the next morning, but the TV thinks they are powered down or not connected correctly, based on the screen image, while the audio is coming out of the home theater speakers. If I set the AV receiver to stand-by first I get no audio and no image from the NAS the following morning, just the "Not powered Up" or "Not Correctly Connected" on the TV. That day, if I restart the NAS from either the front panel or over the home network the TV will "see" the NAS output and everything works as it should.

What's really frustrating is the satellite receiver and disc players don't have this problem. I've tried using the HDMI cable and receiver input for one of those players to establish if this is unique to the receiver input or HDMI cable I originally used for the NAS but there was no change.

Then, Samsung Tech Support sucks!
I've asked them several times if putting the TV in "Display Mode" would help/fix this problem and they don't seem to understand the question because they don't even address it!
HELP!!!
orion

Post by orion »

I guess you can only find a work around way. Try to put NAS into sleep mode first. After you turn AV receiver on, wake NAS up.

Return to “[Official] For AS63XX/64XX Series”